 Technic / 15480
15479  |  15481
Subject:
How to use this part to flip something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:53:51 GMT

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=41667

I've been looking at this part, Technic, Arm 2 x 5 with 1/4 Gear 8 Tooth
Double Bevel, and I figure it should be simple enough to use it to flip
something to one side, but I'd like to know if anyone has tried doing this
in a Technic creation of their own ,and if there are any special
considerations for using this gear in that regard.

I'd also like to know if it can be made so it will auto-return (either by
gravity or gearing) to it's original orientation afterwards.  It would seem
simple enough to mount the gear on the central hole and then engage it with
another gear at a certain angle.

Anyone have some good construction ideas using this gear?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde