 Technic / 15483
Re: How to use this part to flip something?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

“Eric Sophie” mylegomaster@aol.com wrote in message news:JApuop.Jny@lugnet.com...

   I used that part to act as the fulcrum and geared lever for the suspension on my Blue Quad.

That’s an awesome model there! Any chance you can show how you used the part in a separate image?

I realized in this picture, you can see a little more of the part in the lower left of this image.

Since the part is at the core of the joint, it is hard to see it.

You can see where the joint pivots, that is where the pivot point of the geared lift arm is located. The pivot causes the gear arm to move the other gears that in turn, compress the shock absorber.

   I used the part to create an shock absorb/dampen system, because the part is also used as a fulcrum, the shock returns it to position, depending on the mechanical load transfered to the geared section of this “gear/lift arm”.

I see. Well, almost! ;-) But that’s a load of eye candy you have there on that blue quad! Are you planning on a .mpg or video file of it walking along?

Here is the original post:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=15295

The Blue Quad only uses motors in the head. Larger versions (coming) will utilize motors in the body. (my next project)

   I’m looking for all sorts of building techniques, a model that good ought to get you a job at TLG’s design factory! :D

:) That is very kind of you to say!

   Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

It is a good part, heavy duty strong and robust.

-eric