 Technic / 15475
Re: What's the difference?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Maico Arts wrote:
Hello Bob,

For as far as I can tell this is the line up:

motor - clutch - splitter - gearbox - range change - cardan axle -
driven axles

Greetings
    Maico Arts

I've read all the replies and they seem to contradict each other, so I think
I'll further define my question. If the splitter is an add on in front of the
gear box how does it's internal mechanism give a ratio half way in between the
gears.

I don't know any details about splitters, but if the difference in ratio of the
2 gears in the splitter is smaller than the difference between any of the
standard gears, then it would create ratios between the standard gears as per
Glen's post, I think.

ROSCO