 Technic / 15502
Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer and Combine Harvester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Curtis wrote:

   Looks like “TheGamer” on BrickShelf got some REALLY good pictures of the Bulldozer.

Looks like the small wheels used to form the bogies are a new wheel, am I right?

I don’t think so. the upper bogie looks like the backside of a small bevel gear, while the lower bogie assembly looks like it uses this:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=42610

The electrical connector is interesting. First, it looks stackable (there are electrical connections on both the top and bottom of the 2x2... but obviously not the old 9V system). But with four wires, hmmm... I’d say they have to be two seperate power systems, not control systems (like encoders; mostly because I can’t think of a good way to “stack” a two-way communication system). If so, that implies one wire running two indepedant motors, so maybe that odd cylindrical motor is actually two motors, back-to-back. So it may not be one motor one tread, but one motor unit to drive both left and right treads. Curious.

   (In addition to loads of other more obvious new parts.)

Like the new driving sprocket for the new treads. I’m actually surprised at that, as to why the ones in the snowmobile have no stablizing rims, while these seem to. I like the idea of stabalizing rims... but as the snowmobile shows, using the medium pulleys works great for that, so it’s odd that TLG felt this was a need for a new mold.

-- Brian Davis