 Technic / 15504
Re: 2007 sets: Huge RC Bulldozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:13:23 GMT

   According to http://www.lowlug.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3726

“Equipped with the new caterpillars, it embarks a very new electric system with infra-red order. A remote control with two orders being able to control 4 different channels and two receivers adjustable out of 4 frequencies make it possible to control the 4 engines of the machine. It should be noted that the electrical system of connector is still a very new system”

Didier, it’s the translation of what I wrote in the french article ;)

To bring more information about the electric system :

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2254059 is the batteries box. The connectors are indeed stackable. Two wires are connected to the batteries box.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2254063 these are the two IR receivers. Each receiver has 4 different channels. I don’t remember how they are connected to the other elements.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2254230 this is obviously the remote control, with two commands and the ability to set one of the 4 different channels. So we can control simultaneously two motors. Of course, the XL motors for the caterpillars are on the same channel...

I didn’t check what do the little black switches but I presume it’s to inverse the polarity (as the connectors are not symmetric, you can’t inverse the polarity just by turning the connector)

So, with an unique remote control, we can control until 8 motors (2 by channels).

It was very difficult to look how all this stuff was plugged, and I should say that I didn’t pay attention to this ( Castle ! :) )

The Creator Dino works on the same way, with an extra sound brick (not controlled by the remote control I guess).

The IR worked fine at two meters, in spite of the lights of the show room.

I hope to see in the future more elements for this new system which is really attractive.

Oh, and according to a toys magazine distributed at the show, the bulldozer contains 1355 parts.

Erik