 Technic / 15413
15412  |  15414
Subject:
Wheel loader JCB456
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:15:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey folks, just letting you know that I have finished my latest and greatest
MOC. It is a wheeled loader, based on a JCB 456 machine. Scaled to powerpuller
wheels.

Photos of it can be found at
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=212890>

Features are as follows:

Pneumatic control from rear of lift, lower, tip and crowd, grab open and close,
and steering.
Twin airtanks fed from onboard 4 piston compressor with pressure control.
(Battery pack is onboard.)
4 way joystick for main boom and tip and crowd. Separate controls for steering
and 3rd valve.
4 wheel drive via differentials to working V8 engine. Pivoting sprung rear axle.

The whole idea is to have a machine that can be pushed along, without the need
for constant pumping for various functions. Air stored up will work a number of
functions in sequence, with the exception of the lift. I have installed a
separate pump to give a little boost to the lift when needed.

Steering is very quick and works even better in motion.
The model is very heavy, even with the skeletal finish, but is very playable
even to my 3.5 year old son.
The loader will lift a full 6 x 1.5AA battery box with no problem.
Whilst it has taken me a while to get this baby finished, I do think that it has
been very worthwhile.

Do enjoy the pictures and I welcome your comments.

Mervyn