 Technic / 15427
Re: 7905 building crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:41:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:

the 7905 building crane.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7905-1

I actually picked this up at a Target near our house, originally as a parts
pack... but I haven't been able to disassemble it yet because my kids keep
playing with both (!) of them. I actually found the design and playability of
the model high, with details like the weight being able to shift, the mechanism
to move the hook in and out while not changing the vertical position, the very
nice strong construction of the main tower, and the strong but light boom being
real pluses. Even little details like the fact that a minifig can stand on the
top platform without being knocked off as the crane rotates.

It's full of yellow or grey studded beams!

Here in the States it sells for $40, with 30+ 14L beams, and 16L beams are going
for $1+ on Bricklink. If you need yellow or DkStone, the set is almost worth it
for the beams alone. And honestly, I also wanted the 16 2x2x10 triangular
supports as well, for various things.

if it goes on special I'll be buying multiple copies.

If I catch it on sale I'll grab still more. Nice studded parts pack (OK, and
construction minfigs are good too :-).

2 porta cabins (one a toilet)...

And that, actually, was the point I liked the best. Got to be the first LEGO set
I've ever owned where I can sit a minifig on a toilet, and then have his minifig
friends jokingly suspend him 50 minifig feet in the air :-).

--
Brian Davis