 Technic / *16101 (-100)
  Re: lego technic events in Canada

(...) Um... EXACTLY what does this have to do with technic? x-post to .ca. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca)

  lego technic events in Canada

Hello all- Is there anyone who knows if there are any Lego Technic events in Canada aside from RTL Toronto? Thanks. (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere Forwarder 1710D

(...) Great! I've bought a metal toy replica of a wheel loader (Volvo, forgot the model) and have made a few attempts but nothing more at the moment. /T (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

Tommy Eriksson schreef: (...) That is axactly the point: You cannot connect a steering axle to a driven axle connector and vice versa. These connectors are not the same. As I said, there is no option to connect the second rear axle to one receiver (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: John Deere Forwarder 1710D

(...) There is just something with these articulated vehicles that is extra cool... BTW - my next project...it will be a large scale design... (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Better pics

Here are some better pics taken outside. They are a large resolution, but that is crucial to show more detail. Thank you Nathanael Kuipers, Anders Gaasedal, Vineet Honkan, and Jennifer Clark for encouragement (Sorry if anyone's name was left out). (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re:Excavator

The tracks are not lego. It would cost at least 200 U.S. dollars to buy enough track links to change my excavator and bulldozer tracks to lego and I would also need 20 of the 40-toothed gears. The tracks are off a remote control dozer that makes (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New excavator

(...) Congratulation to your great model(s), I really like the excavator with all its pneumatic, I hope I manage to built an excavator some day. The lowloader is great too, I guess the vehicles are great playing with. I havent seen those tracks (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: John Deere Forwarder 1710D

Wow! That things is amazing! I especially like the rotation and "hinges" for the claw mechanism and the extending boom. The steering systems looks solid, I've failed quite a few attempts on creating one of those in the past. Will certainly look at (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) You mean you connect one rear axle as usuall and one rear axle to the port that steers. If so how do you steer. (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New excavator

Nathan Bell- I just saw your excavator, and it looks good! Great way to use the Mindstorms treads. Plus the rear engine is a nice addition; it gives it a bit of realism. Other things I like about your creation are: 1) The use of pneumatics 2) The (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New excavator

I haven't posted anything in 3 months, so Here are some new items. Sorry if they are poor in quality but no one has ever been able to teach me how to take good pictures. Soon there will be more of everything created thusfar. I will probably hire (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  The Ryetsumaki - MC7 Ball Joint Frame

Sometime back I bagan an online study with fellow Mecha Builder (URL) MC7>. MC7 has been working on Ball Jointed frame tech. His debut of this technology was the creation of the (URL) Tetsumaki>. (URL) The frame he developed made use of the hand (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) Hi, I did just that a while back, just as a demonstration of the idea, as shown here: (URL) W. (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Usung TECHNIC Vehicles with RCX

Hi, We (myself and 12 year old son) are playing with RCX and Spybot for couple of months. Now we are planning to use RCX in lego technic vehicles like Mini Loader, Dump Truck etc (low end price ones). We just want to know that it is possible or not? (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi ROSCO, Thank you for the nice review, your right, orange and purple are a little odd colors, and I never thought they were usefull for anything too. But then I took a closer look at this truck and found it possible to reconstruct in LEGO, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) Nice, thanks for your reply. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) The slot enables you to "cancel" the effect of the differential. Look at what this guy did: (URL) Here you can see the locking differential: (URL) With the new diff you can do that on the diff itself, without the need for another axle. - David (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Thanks, (URL) Anders Gaasedal> (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi Nathan, Thank you for your comment, I also like the painted trucks. And I agree that Volvo makes good trucks. The lights on the top are actually so called 'Wedge Belt Wheels', I bought them on Bricklink. Best regards from Denmark, (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi Beat, Thank you for your nice comment to my Volvo. And thank you for noticing the headlight area, that was one of the hard ones to figure out. As a answered in another thread, I will try to create some pictures of the mechanical parts, but (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) Oh yes !! great example, thanks. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) to be more precise, 6573 has a slot at both end. (...) ...if these slots are useless (at least not used ), I wander why TLC design 6573 part as they done...I think this question will stay unanswered. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) you can place part (URL) on there and it makes a great clock hand. example: (URL) Kojima ko@fial.com Fial Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97239 503.227.7083 (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

Ok, I see what you mean now. No there is no set that uses the differential with a driving ring. I actually never noticed this before, until now. -Paul (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) Yes, this fact is known, and these parts have been usefully replaced by the Technic Connector Angle serie. ((URL) replacement is a point that let me think LEGO toy is a toy of quality) (...) I agree....but what about the 6542 part ? ((URL) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

6573 has a slot at one end that lets part 6539 slip in to it. i am un-aware of it being used this way in any official models. bob (...) Bob Kojima ko@fial.com Fial Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97239 (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

(...) I am not sure what you mean by "Clutches" in the differential box. As far as I know every set that has it uses it. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

The teeth on that part were used in conjunction with this part: (URL) parts are old and the teeth usually broke off or the piece would crack. Basically you could use the bush to position the connector anyway you wanted on an axle and hold it in (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) This is all fixed now. I also "repaired" all the theme trees for every relevant Racers / R/C set I could find (using R/C rather than RC to make it "more searchable" and (arguably) more "proper"), including pulling a set out of Technic that I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Parts numer 6573 (Technic differential New)

Hi, When you study 6573 part ((URL) you see two clutches as the one in 6542 part ((URL) you know, the 6542 clutch is used in gearbox with the 6539 part ((URL) the clutches in 6573 part used in any official LEGO model ? (my guess is no....) You can (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

Tommy Eriksson schreef: (...) The receiver has two connectors: one for the front axle and one for the rear axle. When creating a six-wheeler and one front axle and rear axle are connected, I don't see any option to connect the second rear axle to (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Technic Enzo 8653 Final Version Pics

Don't worry I am sure that you will have no problems what so ever getting one. Should hit North America this spring. The price will be between $110.00 and $140.00 depending on where you get it. -Paul (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) Yeah, yeah, I was getting there. Had to run to work. :-) -- joshua (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Technic Ferrari

I was told that it will be released at the end of this month. -Paul (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) A whole heap of crap. That's maico not mario. I need glasses. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) About needing more pieces that was what i asked. But why would you need a second DC for an extension set. As for pictures it worked for me yesterday and today. Must have been a server glitch, even though its not the first time it happens to (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) Crap. Should have read mario's respons before posting. :) Oh well. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) Nice. :) Added a comment. Will edit when i know more. In lugnet.technic, Clark Stephens wrote: (...) About the wheelpack. Are the larger of those tires larger than the ones that comes with the DC. If so why are there only 2. Dragracing? I want (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) That's correct. Well you could build a race car using the dirt as chassi but it would be far more fragile than the dirt itself. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Smack my MOC! - Fly Mech

Smack my MOC !!! ==== I made this MOC with spare parts and a desire to build something with the Micro Scout. (URL) MOC needs to be smacked!>> Fly Mech But it needs to be Smacked! Nay, I'm asking for it to be smacked! Get your smack out and then move (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Internals

(...) Indeed, they don't mesh! (...) No, you can't (different tooth size and/or unmatching diameters and/or uncompatible axle and/or different height). (...) Not really easy, but there are plastic clips all around that can be pryed open without too (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Lego Technic Ferrari

Does anyone know when the Lego Technic ferrari 8653 will be out? Thanks. (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Thank you so much, for the very fine comments to my truck, Im glad you like it. I have alså visited your brickshelf site, lots og great stuf, you have really been busy with your camera. Right now Im building a truck almost similar to the Volvo (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

Tommy Eriksson schreef: (...) Just checked the s@h for set 673f. I can view it, but cannot order it (Netherlands). This is "just" a rear axle to me. If one would like to make a 6 wheeler, one also would need more material to connect this second rear (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

Patrick Levy schreef: (...) You can use a dirtcrusher, but you have to use it as the chassis of your vehicle. You can connect to the parts of the dirtcrusher with technic pins and thus build your own exterior of the car. There is a way to use the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) Wheel Pack (URL) Pack (URL) Pack (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) [...] (...) I've added it to LUGNET, though the database doesn't currently support the "F", so it's under 673 as a secondary set. I'm working on getting that fixed as soon as possible. (URL) As for pictures i meant in general. There appear to (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Internals

What i guess Jurgen mean is that the two middle gears are meshed in both inner and outter gears, with will block the mechanism because the ratio diference. Unless the bigger gear of the second red gear is useless. Patrick. "Geoffrey Hyde" (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

This wheels doesn´t seem to fit in regular lego axles, Is that correct? So I can´t use the dirty crusher motors and RC controls to custom my own Race car? Patrick "Tommy Eriksson" <tommye1@NOSPAMbredband.net> escreveu na mensagem (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Internals

If you look at picture one then picture two, you will notice in the second picture that all but the very last of the four gears actually has a second gear cast onto it, making the three of them essentially two gears and not one. What this (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Internals

Hi, (...) from the pictures it seems they would both mesh and block the drive train (which I suppose they don't). Can you turn them aroud to change the gear ratios? Is the motor easy to take apart without breaking it? Jürgen (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

"Gaasedal" <anders@gaa!HaTeSpAm!sedal.dk> wrote in message news:IBABpI.18Fu@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) the (...) This has to be the most beutiful created LEGO truck ever. Lots of details. Nice and absoulutly stunning color scheme, and use of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Internals

Wow, Thanks! Patrick "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> escreveu na mensagem news:IBIB2t.1CIE@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Internals

(...) I got this one: (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) The gearpack is set number 673F (URL) Look in usa it doesn't ship it to sweden for instance. (URL) strangely doesn't have it. only set 673 which is not the same. As for pictures i meant in general. There appear to be problems with the site as (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

That looks similar to many of the trucks on the roads of Jakarta, Indonesia, Most of the vehicles there are Volvos or Peugots and they paint them bright colors just like yours. Volvo makes really good trucks that last long and are powerful for their (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

Hi Anders Congratulations on your newest creation! That truck looks great. I especially like how you managed to realize the quite complex shape of the drivers cab. Your solution for using 2x3 wing plates to fill the space besides the sloped (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Internals

Hi, Does anybody knows if there is a site with internals pictures of any of this lego items: RC Buggy Motor (5292) Motor Movers (47154) Technic Batery Box Fiber Optic Rotation Light Pneumatic Cilinder Pneumatic Pumps Wind up Motor Pull back Motor (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Technic Enzo 8653 Final Version Pics

Just took a look at the new Enzo model, and it looks sweet! Too bad I'm saving up for two of the technic cranes later this year (sob)! Maybe if I can get some money though, I'll probably get it if the set makes it over here (Canada). (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Technic Enzo 8653 Final Version Pics

Here is a pic of the boxed 8653. Now here on the box, the mirrors look different again. (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Technic Enzo 8653 Final Version Pics

It's funny. The pics here on brickset look much different. (URL) they usually put the final versions on that site? If you look closely, you can see many differences between the 2 cars. Besides the coloring due to the lighting. The mirrors, the front (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Lego Technic Enzo 8653 Final Version Pics

Well here is the first online pic of the New Enzo's Final appearance. (URL) looks much much better than the original pic. I still think that it is lacking suspension and such, but it looks really good now. Here is a store that is selling it: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

Oh my goodness! That is so very unussual! e (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Helicopter

That model is as good as a set. The tilting blades are quite inventive. I have tried to build pneumatics into helicopters in the past but could not get them to work well. The landing gear looks like it is well designed. To use pneumatics to pivit (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi Anders, Very nice truck, I never thought orange or purple would ever be useful for anything, but you proved me wrong! Fantastic detail, the stickers are really good. And that's a lot of chrome. Are you gonna build a trailer for it? ROSCO (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Helicopter

(...) I'm looking at the mechanism around the rotor, and it looks like you have true collective and cyclical- the shaft stays vertical? That's some pretty slick stuff there. Nice work! You gotta shrink down the images next time, though- it's awkward (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  rejoining the world

Hi ALL, Long time ago, I used to post under my USA.net account. Unfortunately that free mail address changed to a paying one, making me lose my 4 year old account. HOTMAIL rules , So now I can be back :) In the years that I was ofline from lugnet I (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Helicopter

(...) I have used the Technic swashplate in a 1:20 scale Apache helicopter, including collective and differential pitch control. The scale is about right for Technic figures. I modded the splined ball by filing the axle hole a bit so that it would (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi Vineet, Thank you very much for the nice comment to my Volvo, Im glad you like it! By the way, building skills improves the more you build:-) 'a lot of LEGO' -bricklink, and unfortunately, money:-) Wish I had more of those... Best regards (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Helicopter

Hi Ross and many thanks for your support ! I also thought about using specific Technic "swashplate", but I concluded as you did : collective control could'nt be achieved because of friction. So keeping the large technic turntable was the best way... (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Helicopter

(...) Hi Pierrick, that's nice work! And I'm glad I could provide a little inspiration. The weird thing is, that helicopter was the first MOC I built after my dark age too! I like how you control the swash plate (turntable) from below - the probably (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: using PWM output to control Lego motors

(...) The signals output by the RC receiver will drive servos or RC motor speed controllers. The signal consists of a pulse of 1-2ms width in an 18ms cycle. For a servo, 1ms corresponds to 45 degrees turn one way, 1.5ms to centre and 2ms to 45 (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Helicopter

Just a few words from a newbie annoucing his first MOC : a (yellow) Technic Helicopter. As I said on (URL) MOCpages>, I had left my Legos from ten years now, and thanks to my kids, who are now asking me to play LEGO back, I have retrieved old Lego (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: using PWM output to control Lego motors

(...) Thank you, this clarifies things for me quite a lot. I was thinking that PWM was PWM, but now I see the important difference -- one is a means of transmitting data, and the other is a means for controlling current (integrated over many (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: using PWM output to control Lego motors

PWM for servo pulse is on a three wire system (Pos, Neg, and data). The pulse is a series of different length square waves sent to the servo or ESC in a certain length of time. This pulse is then translated by the servo or ESC as a "position" it (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

(...) SHHHHHH! Vineet! It's LEGO! Apparently lego can't be pluralised. Ye log maar dalenge! Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

SNIPPIFIED! Wow Anders!!! FANTASTIC TRUCK! It's neat that you posted this, my own 10-wide Lamborghini Countach is nearing completion and it rocks! (Yeah, I had to get that out of my system) I've always loved your superior detailing, but this really (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  using PWM output to control Lego motors

In my ongoing quest to control Lego robots by radio, I've uncovered some receivers made by GWS that work with a standard model airplane transmitter, and have 4 channels of standard PWM (pulse-width modulation) output. For example, see (URL). But now (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

Gaasedal- That's a very good truck! I wish I had those type of building skills (and thatmany legos)! You are really talented! (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Volvo FH12 6x2/4 500 Globetrotter XL, Sweet Candy, Scale 1:13

Hi everyone, Here is my latest creation (URL) This is my second large scale truck. It has been quite fun to built it, and I have used a lot of new colors on the model. It is a model of a Danish custom truck from the Danish hauler Henrik Guldager in (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

Tommy Eriksson schreef: (...) For as far as I know, it can stand a drop of rain, but don't use it as a submarine ;-) (...) I have that same question. If you want to use a regular RC transmitter, you will have to open the LEGO receiver and check how (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

Not so very compact, but this arrangement does the job: (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Paul's Ferrari

(...) in the background.... Go Panthers <g> (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

(...) Here (URL) is one compact arrangement using the sliding worm gear that should do the trick. Just connect the output shafts with two 16t gears and I think they will work the way you want...or if one is still going backwards, use three 8t (one (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two new mountain bikes

Cool! That BMW suspension does exist on some real MTB's but you kknow that already right? Not to fond of the pedals and the saddle is not very accurate I'm afraid. Barends is not that common on full suspension bikes either, but that comes down to (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

(...) While the differential sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure that will actually work well, either. Assuming you want axle 'A' on the conveyor belt to always drive forward, you can connect a motor to a differential. The diff. will have two (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

(...) see: (URL) specifically: (2 URLs) - David (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

Well, I want to make sure that the drive mechanism doesn't accidentally try to start the wrong way, and try to either feed material into the hopper base, which is hard to clean out if I have to make it easily removable, or jam and stall the motor (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

(...) Off the top of my head I can think of two ways, neither completely compact. One is to use the sliding worm gear trick, and take the two outputs and connect them to the belt in such a way so that if output A is engaged it drives the belt (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC set 8369

(...) Anyway i have some questions about this model as well. Figured it's better to use an existing thread rather then start another one. Well here goes: 1. Is the tranmitter also waterproof? I've tried going out just after it rained just so a trail (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.

I want to drive a conveyor belt which will be feeding items from a hopper, however, I want to make a small mechanism which will, if the motor is switched on with it's output shaft spinning in the wrong direction, automatically turn the spin around (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two new mountain bikes

Very nice, I have a BMW R1100GS with that type of suspension. I have been planning a Lego version for awhile, I just never seem to have time to build it. Here is a like to a two wheel drive motorcycle conversion that some might find interesting. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two new mountain bikes

(...) Thank you Didier - glad you liked them. As you may have noticed, I am still trying to figure out how to make the best use of my new camera, and how to take good pictures of LEGO models :) (...) I'm glad you noticed! Well, right now it is ONLY (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) Thanks, this does look very much like what I was hoping to find. Pity that LEGO no longer makes the three-channel version (or so I hear), but perhaps they'll bring it back with sufficient begging and pleading. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Two new mountain bikes

Fresh models, yo. I've seen those christini bikes for sale in philadelphia. with many years as a bicycle salesperson, i know crap when i see it, and a 2 wheeldrive bike for an xc application is a little ridiculous. your models rock, though, (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  John Deere Forwarder 1710D

All, I am pleased to announce a summary of a John Deere Forwarder I built over a year ago - but havent been able to post it until now. Approx 30 different views of the design posted on Brickshelf. See link below (URL) The pictures start with the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Two new mountain bikes

(...) Hi John (...) Thanks for sharing, it's always great pleasure to see new design (and good pictures that make galleries comfortable to see). It's a bit off-topic but you have put an animated picture of a W8 engine at the same time in your (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Two new mountain bikes

Hi folks, Finally got around to photographing 2 more mountain bikes: (URL) 1. (URL) A full suspension bike> not really modelled after any bike in particular, although the front suspension is 'borrowed' from BMW's motorcycles. However, fully (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Modular RC kits?

(...) The closest thing to your requirements Joe would be Racers set 8475/8366: (URL) for technic use, modular, and uses radio control (not IR). The receiver unit houses 6xAA batteries, has a +/- 45 degree front output servo (internal) with a (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact