 Technic / 13684
Re: Helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:30:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Pierrick Puchois wrote:
   Just a few words from a newbie annoucing his first MOC : a (yellow) Technic Helicopter.

As I said on MOCpages, I had left my Legos from ten years now, and thanks to my kids, who are now asking me to play LEGO back, I have retrieved old Lego parts from grand’ma house, and decided to build something from my own creation.

Cyclic and collective control of the blades is achieved with joysticks and central lever (uses flex system also) ; pedals control tail rotor pitch ; pneumatics for landing gears.

Additional pictures Here

I’m looking at the mechanism around the rotor, and it looks like you have true collective and cyclical- the shaft stays vertical? That’s some pretty slick stuff there. Nice work!

You gotta shrink down the images next time, though- it’s awkward to browse images that big.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com