 Technic / 13659
13658  |  13660
Subject:
Looking for a one-way motor drive mechanism that is foolproof.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:54:57 GMT

I want to drive a conveyor belt which will be feeding items from a hopper,
however, I want to make a small mechanism which will, if the motor is
switched on with it's output shaft spinning in the wrong direction,
automatically turn the spin around to the right direction through a
reversing gear arrangement.

It has to do this without allowing spin in the wrong direction.  I am hoping
it can be as simple as a gear that gets driven around another gear until it
starts going the right way.  It should preferably not be sensor-driven, or
reliant on external componets like switches.  It should be as compact as
possible.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde