 Technic / 13654
13653  |  13655
Subject:
John Deere Forwarder 1710D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:45:30 GMT

All, I am pleased to announce a summary of a John Deere Forwarder I built over a year ago - but havent been able to post it until now. Approx 30 different views of the design posted on Brickshelf. See link below

The pictures start with the finished project and then gradually disassemble each of the main pieces to reveal what’s inside. Sorry for some of the blurry pictures. I will get them right the next time :-)

Some of the key spec highlights:
  • full 8 wheel drive, with advanced portal-type boogie beams per wheel-pair
  • 4 electric motors for all wheels, pneumatics pump, and crane (rotation), and claw (rotation)
  • onboard battery box
  • 4 speed gearbox - including reverse
  • scale sizing
  • 6 cylinder engine
  • pneumatics cylinders for articulated steering (2), crane (4), and wood bunk extension (2)
  • fully multi-axial and suspended articulated steering, with drive shaft
The core chassis design was quite demanding due to its compact size and advanced transmission, and integrated suspension system. It took may attempts to get the basic structure in the right place. Fun stuff!

Here are some links of the real thing: http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/forestry/deere_forestry/media/pdfs/1710d.pdf

http://www.timberjack.com/downloads/pdf/forwarders/Forwarders-Brochure.pdf

http://www.forestnet.com/archives/April_04/tech_update.htm

Cheers