 Technic / 13744
Re:Excavator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:22:52 GMT

The tracks are not lego.  It would cost at least 200 U.S. dollars to buy enough
track links to change my excavator and bulldozer tracks to lego and I would also
need 20 of the 40-toothed gears.  The tracks are off a remote control dozer that
makes noise.  I also got tracks from a tonka toy for my  bulldozer.  Soon (maybe
this weekend) I hope to get better pictures of the excavator outside. I would
have used TLC's tracks but they are not big enough for 1/17 scale models.  This
excavator is almost 45cm long and the tracks are about 25 cm long.

Thanks for your comments, and I hope that the new photos are better and also
resized.  There will be some new ones of the track-shifting mechanisms too,
which is very similar to Jennifer Clark's design for her excavator except that
she uses two electric motors and I use 1 Lego motor.

Nathan Bell