 Technic / *15801 (-100)
  Re: Technic and Mindstorms Collection Question

(...) In my experience, imminent or present insolvency is the only reasonable justification for selling something you wouldn't have otherwise wanted to sell, and even then only if you can be fairly certain that whatever you get for the things you (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

"Misha van Beek" <mishavanbeek@gmail.com> wrote in message news:I9w9M4.1BLH@lugnet.com... (...) guess (...) having (...) springs (...) Sounds really interesting, do you have some examples of the techniques you use to achieve this? Jennifer (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) It indeed looks pretty nice, though I have a few small problems with it. I guess I'd be the only one prefering zero studded parts, and I doubt this model having an elaborate suspension. It seems that it is broad enough though (14 studs needed (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic and Mindstorms Collection Question

Some Advice Please I have a large collection of lego technic & mindstorm kits, including 2x mindstorms kits (1x w/ serial port IR Tower & 1x w/ USB IR Tower), 1x Mindstorms Remote Control, 1x 8880 black super car, 1x 8480 Space Shuttle, 1x yellow (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) What is your source for the 8421 reference? TIA, Philo (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

If there are a lack of steering I guess there isn't a very big problem to build one your self.. this actually are lego remember? :) happy new year (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

One more thing; Does anyone know where y'all got this info on these upcoming sets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Send them to me!! ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) To me, this crane reminds me very much of the 8431 crane only with studless pieces and stuff. The main thing stopping me from getting one is the wheels (which are useless to me) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Not. This is the one for the release. (...) Most of the boxes in the early dealers catalogs are just mockups anyway. (...) This IMO proves my point. The pics I posted (with the kostky.org logo) are the pics of the real thing which will be in (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Hi, this is _my_ original picture: (URL) scanned the official 2005 german dealer catalog at 27-11-2004. The crane pic is from the back side of the catalog. In the middle of the catalog the crane was shown with box, but it was very bad to scan. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Hmmm maybe you're right, and those elements are used to hold the outriggers too. I thought the 2-stud section at each end of those was separate, but looking at the boom, that isn't really possible. Oh well, maybe not as useful as I first (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) First one is a prototype. The one on the following photo is the Real McCrane ;-) (...) I cant's see anything like that? The boom is made of 3 large elements, 12 studs long, 3 bricks tall, 4 studs wide. Two of such elements hold the outriggers. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Yes it looks like (but I can't quite see how) it has a 3-section boom, which may be what the more powerful RC motor is being used for. (...) Well the 2 on this page (URL) both seem to indicate set number 7249, so I'm not sure whats going on (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Indeed I see no steering control. I hope there is some steering mechanism! But there is not much clearance between wheels. (...) No, these are the same wheels/tyres as (URL) 8436 truck> (and good old (URL) Barcode set>) Philo (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: missing parts

(...) Speaking of missing parts.... (sorry, change of topic here...) What's the recommended course of action when a person _does_ discover that there is a missing piece in a set? I mean, it's all very well and good to just return it to the store and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) I was just about to write that my guess would be that axle's 1,2, & 4 all steer when I noticed that neither of the warning beacons on the cab have shafts running down from them, that could be used to steer. Now it could be that the steering is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: missing parts

What I meant to say was, did the set have any missing pieces? (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  re: missing parts

(...) no. None of the missing parts were included in mine. (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

This may have been posted earlier, I don't know, but it looks like these newer models are remakes of the older, more popular ones from the 90s. Does anyone agree with me? (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

Hey y'all- I have to agree whith what Dave said about this crane. It is beautiful! (Personally I would have opted for four more axles, but I guess to each his/her own). I also am going to get one as soon as this model comes out (would any of y'all (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) It looks absolutely fantastic. If people want to send a message to the execs at TLC about what they want as far as Technic goes, I humbly suggest that they buy this set. And it doesn't have alotta 'bley' in it, so that'll keep the 'colour' (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) And check out the length of that axle on the boom! I wonder if it is the same x1263 as in the street hocky set? -Rob. (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Yeah! The first set since <set:8455> I'm going to buy. I hope it won't be too expensive. - David (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

"TJ Avery" <tjavery@texbrick.com> wrote in message news:I9ur9s.34x@lugnet.com... (...) Clark :-) It wisnae me! (...) Definitely. I bought the new Ferrari racing car and a couple of the new truck with crane for my Christmas, and they both look good. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) If that is a fake, then there is a master builder behind it (Jennifer Clark :-) I have to get out of my rut and come back to the world of LEGO Technic! This set looks awesome. It is nice to see a blend of studded and studless parts, and this (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:I9uoIL.1LG4@lugnet.com... (...) In my opinion they were a bit weak in a similar configuration on the previous Technic crane, but then again, these are not heavy duty things :-) It is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

It's back up again, here's a direct link to the image just in case: (URL) pneumatics rising the boom look a little weak? I'd rather see it unpowere 'cause of cost but all my money go into mountain bike parts anyway :-D Regards, /Tobbe (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) As with all your models I'm always amazed how well these models look like, using only the parts from a single set.They look great, have a lot of details and often have some functionality in them which make them very attractive. Keep up the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Mark, since I have to disassemble the boom into sections to get the model back inside, I will take some close up pictures of the boom sections and post them on Brickshelf this evening so that you can get a better look at the design. Alvin (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

(...) Strangely I got to see it once, and now I get the message that the folder isn't yet public. Anyway it looks great. This is the first technic set I've wanted to buy since the new backhoe. Obviously the Technic designer has encountered the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  LEGO new crane: a step in the right direction?

If this one is not a fake ((URL) looks like LEGO is coming back to some studded construction nicely complemented by studless parts... The RC motor is perhaps a bit oversized and over-powered but is well integrated. Classical (but good) use of a (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Mark, one site that has some good pics and a clear explanation of truss design is (URL) and there's *lots* more on BrickShelf and elsewhere. I've used the TexBrick truss several times in my own models, and it's quite strong. You might find (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Could anyone enlighten me as to what design patterns are employed in these sorts of cranes to build the boom and other arms? >> Mark >> Mark (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) Thanks Paul for your very kind words (again). I do my best to get the best out of sets to inspire others hopefully. Perhaps I'm able to present instructions for this model too someday. If TLC would commission me then there will be instructions (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Currently, the base of the model has been disassembeled because of problems that I encountered with the slewing and crawling. The motors and gearing were off, and the crane wouldn's slew under its own power with the full 50 lbs of (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Alvin- WOW! What a great way to start off the new year. Awesome MOC! That's certainly a record-breaking crane. The boom construction looks sturdy and you've done a good job there. I think you're about to even-up with ROSCO for the largest (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers Pull Back motors

(...) Hi Patrick, I haven't ripped these particular motors apart, but I have done a few others (my students used to drag race 5223s and some of the smaller "import" motors). I can only tell you from my experience: - It's not uncommon for two (...) (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) That's awesome! Once again you've created another brilliant alternate MOC from a designer set. I'm running out of complimentary adjectives to use. Simply amazing! Please keep building and sharing these with us. I love the operational details (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Garage doors, partial Technic

Rearrange the rubberbands so that they help keeping the door closed when it has been closed a certain amount. To do this the hinge with the rubberband powered lewer needs to pass 180° which might be a problem. But if you solve that the rubberband (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  (canceled)

  Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

(...) That was done JUST with 4403 parts? Rockin! Designer sets rock and that's one of my faves. You've packed an amazing amount of detail into that build and it does look like a variant on the real F all right. (although red paint would play havoc (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  MOC: F44-03; alternate jet

This time another alternate model of the 4403 set: (URL) This F44-03 is inspired by the F-14 and the idea of the jet in the official 4403 building instructions. The wings are linked and can be folded or unfolded by pulling or pushing the grey slopes (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  BRE has moved!

Hi all, The Brickley Roscowicz Engineering website has moved. The new URL is (URL) - please update your links. No major changes, I just moved it to (URL) Northstar> and registered a domain, the content is mostly unchanged. The old URL will continue (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Tilting garage doors

Hi, here are the pictures of the second prototype of my tilting garage doors. They're big enough for the new fire engine and easy to get (opposite of old town roller doors, which are too narrow and rare). (URL) file just displays the final model, in (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Garage doors, partial Technic

(...) how about a groov at the opposite end aswell? Why do things diffucult when you can make it easy? (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Yes, it is supposed to go through a pully at the end of the derrick, but this was the first time it has been put together, so I missed a few things. (...) It is a technic turntable, and I used hinge plates and bricks along with 2 x 2 tiles to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) Yep, that is also the reason real cranes use wheels when raising luffing jibs. Older cranes often had a special dolly that the tip of the jib rested on for that purpose, but newer cranes seem to have the axle built into the jib tip, and just (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Garage doors, partial Technic

(...) Have you tried the pin with towball? (URL) I've got now an idea and replaced the 1x1 brick (...) Let us know how it goes! ROSCO (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Garage doors, partial Technic

(...) Removing the rubber bands doesn't help. The bands are not the worst problem, it's the size of the standard bush which creates the tension. I've tried to replace it with standard pin, but the bands were constantly falling off. I've got now an (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Garage doors, partial Technic

(...) [snip] (...) Do you need both rubber bands? Removing one would decrease the tension, but not provide as much help opening the door. I think the basic mechanism is very neat. ROSCO ROSCO (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Garage doors, partial Technic

Hi, I've asked some time before about an locking mechanism for the tilting garage doors I was 'developing'. I've solved that partially, but I still don't like the solution. Anybody could help? The photos are bad (I had 2 minutes to do them and the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Correction: New crane for 2005?

(...) True. It's part of the City theme. The construction sets will be released 3/2005. But I've heard there will be larger Technic crane, 8 wheels, some pneumatics etc. in summer. I'm getting the minifig crane anyway ;-) Jindroush www.kostky.org (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

I know the seller in question, and I can almost guarentee that those came from a Red Letter Day at LegoLand Windsor, and hence, if there are no more listed there will be no more for sale William -----Original Message----- From: (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Correction: New crane for 2005?

Correction- it is in minifig scale which could indicate it is for town legos or another related theme. (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New crane for 2005?

This guy on brickshelf gathered together these pics of new kits for this year. This model team crane has a hollow boom that would make building a telescopic crane easier. I wonder if a bimba piston would fit in there? Happy new year all! (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

(...) Hi David, The link in your question refers to the Bricklink shop from which I got these parts. I would like to have more of this color, which is the reason for bringing up this issue. Avi Parvin (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

(...) Both Peeron and Bricklink recognize only yellow and blue pumps. Here is a picture of the parts: (URL) My first guess was that these parts came from one of the Dacta sets, which are not documented well enough in any of the Lego databases out (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) The guy stays are made of aluminum, and are pinned together with 3 stud long axles. I have access to a computer controlled router table at work which i desgned and made the guys with. The only other thing non-lego is a bolt that goes through (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

In lugnet.general, Alvin Brant wrote: (snipped) Wow. So what are the non LEGO things in it? The weights, obviously, and I'm assuming the string. The wires from the control switches on the 9V train controller and the snakecable covering them, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tallest lego crane

(...) well i don't know if i should commit you to an isilum or add you to my "dude that rock's, MOC list" but your model is completly awsome. as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words: (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

(...) (URL) Peeron link> Interestingly enough, peeron says blue and yellow, no gray. In fact a quick search through the pneumatic pumps don't show any grays at all. Where did it come from? Maybe a one off from some non-set source? Avi, do you have a (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

(...) Hi Avi, Have you looked it up in peeron.com? Peeron is a site that has set inventories that are searchable. You can look the part up by color and see what sets in which it is used. Kevin (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

(...) I asked the same question 3 years ago: (URL) The link in the answer I got is now dead but if I remember correctly it was related to pick-a-brick or something similar - apparently you could get those parts in LegoLand in various colors. - David (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Light-Gray "Pneumatic Pump Small"

A while ago I’ve purchased two "Pneumatic Pump Small" in Bricklink ((URL)), in light-gray color (real Lego color, not painted). The seller could not provide me any detail regarding the source of these parts. Does anyone have an idea which set (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Dismantling old style pneumatic cylinders?

(...) Work 'em a few cycles and see if that helps. Otherwise it might be the rubber seals that are stiffening from age. Sucking some sort of lubrication into the piston is quite feasable. Also to lube the shaft. Opening them w/o destruction is not (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  glasses

Now these look good! Too bad they don't have lenses. Lego needs to make bendable window pieces that can be buckled to fit any shape. This would solve many problems with technic sets since they never have windshields. What about the solar panels for (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Lego Racers Pull Back motors

Hi, I have two Lego Racers sets with pull back motor: 4585 - Nitro pulverizer: This one indicates a pullback motor #5 (color blue, gear box lever icon) (URL) - Jungle Monster: This set indicates a pullback motor #7 (color violet, pullback motor (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: "The Great Lego 8653 Technic Enzo Ferrari Hoax"

"The joke was terrible. If you were in sydney you would have been hit. However i believe this set is a worse joke. I have my reservations about the enzo, i agree it doesn't look like an enzo. In fact, i think this is not a LEGO set. there is no sign (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  First experience with LEGO Mosaic

I ordered a LEGO Mosaic recently, and had a few thoughts about how life and LEGO are alike in some ways. Anybody interested in reading some meandering philosophy on mosaics, LEGO, and getting old can read (and see some photos) of my custom-designed (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: What makes Technic Technic?

(...) What makes a set a 'Technic' set? We had some discussion about that a while ago in relation to the 'Bionicle' line and whether it should be part of the 'Technic' line or not. For my opinion in the matter see: (2 URLs) (and also (URL) :-) - (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What makes Technic Technic?

(...) There are two factors at work here... Sets up to 2001, used the Technic moniker more liberally than after 2001. The moniker was 'retired' for the most part (with a few high end exceptions). Had it not been for this change in labeling, 8012 (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  What makes Technic Technic?

Numerous sets, especially Star Wars, contain Technic parts without being labeled Technic. Could someone kindly explain what makes a Technic set Technic? For example, the 8008 Star Wars Stormtrooper is labeled Technic, while the 8012 Super Battle (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Motors in Studless Construction?

(...) I came up with this.... (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Its the right time for this

Mery christmas and happy new year. next year, regards (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bulldozer Tracks

(...) I second that. What are you building? You can't ask a question like that and not tell us. Steve (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bulldozer Tracks

(...) 1200? That's a lot. What are you building? There are sellers on BL that have some but you might try Pitsco if you are in the US: (URL) Our Price: $9.00 Item #: W779938 Product Data, LEGO Pieces: 36 25 cents a link! You are looking at 300 USD (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Bulldozer Tracks

Does anyone know how to get 1200 bulldozer track links? Then I need 20 of the 40-toothed gears to put those on, and then 2 large pneumatic pistons. Am I up a creek without a paddle? Does bricklink have any? (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: "The Great Lego 8653 Technic Enzo Ferrari Hoax"

(...) Subject: Misunderstanding Author: Nathan Bell Newsgroups: lugnet.technic Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:06:03 GMT From: "Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> View Raw Message Below is a message I posted a week ago to Misha Van Beek. This adresses (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Motors in Studless Construction?

(...) An example, by Keith Hui: (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  "The Great Lego 8653 Technic Enzo Ferrari Hoax"

Where do I begin? I seemed to have been called out on what some are calling a Hoax. Let me start by saying that I really do not appreciate being associated with such a fraudulent claim. I have absolutely no reason to make up any falsehoods. The 8653 (...) (20 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Motors in Studless Construction?

(...) The RC buggy motors will work, but they run about 3 times the speed of the other motors, so you may want to gear them, anyway. As for mounting 9v motors, you can put Technic 1x2s on both sides of the top, next to the electric connection, and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic Motors in Studless Construction?

I have started playing with some of the studless sets (8441 and 8451 picked up on sale) and am trying to figure out how to connect motors to studless... Any ideas/diagrams of ways to connect studless construction/geartrains with the standard 9V (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simple locking mechanism

(...) They're tilting doors. I'm sorry, but I just don't have a good pic of them at the moment, and the MOC is still not finished. I'll post the pics as it gets finished. (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simple locking mechanism

Do you have a pic of the doors? I'm having trouble to visualize... Initially I was thinking a simple drop latch made with technic...kind of like (URL) but made with say, a short axel and a couple of liftarms like the 41677. -Rob A. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) It's a tough one.... let me guess. LPub? I think I've heard of it. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) How about like "L-P-U-B"? :) CS (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) Heck, I don't even know how to spell LDraw :^) (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simple locking mechanism

(...) Nope, those are garage doors, rubber-band actuated ;-) I just wanted to make good replacement for those expensive lamel garage doors parts, so I basically copied the doors I have in my garage. The problem is that also in reality the doors (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) Aye it shall, even if I have to throw large amounts of $ at Lego to get the parts to do so.. it shall! It seems my Lego collection is too eclectic to have enough to finish it right now.. but I'm working on one... (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

I'm just checking the inside of my eyelids for leaks. e THE BEAST WILL LIVE. (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) I don't think Kevin knows how to use LDraw. :) Kevin, we need to talk about the next 'step' for SSClagorpion... Steve (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simple locking mechanism

(...) Think 2 pieces of string and counterweights made of 1x1 to 2x2 bricks...especially if it's a castle! (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) Yeah, I'm estimating 1~2 cycles per minute with all 8. (...) The very reason I'm looking at a linkage solution.... (...) All lego accept possibly for the string/wire with crimped loops to loop over pins. MODIFIED LEGO! Never.. Back back.. foul (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simple locking mechanism

(...) Hi Jindroush, I would try magnets. If it's a really large door maybe 2, but otherwise 1 would probably suffice. ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Simple locking mechanism

Hi, I have rather large 'doors' which tend to open by theirselves. I need something small (2x2x2 studs max) and simple which would lock the doors in close position. I think about usage of friction, I definitly wouldn't like something which creates (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

(...) 21 cyles per second is good. It will go much slower with 7 more legs. Do you plan on having all the legs be self cycling? How will the legs stay coordinated? I plan on one pison for vertical, and one (maybe two) for horizontal. Do you know the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CC2: discus, Hammerhead the CD thrower

(...) ...and now LDraw files! Philo (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

Well I have a leg design at current using 2 large cylinders that gets ~21 cycles/minute with 1 leg and a 6 way radial pump (I don't have enough pumps to fill out the full 12 way...) but it's sturdy and strong and fully self cycling...the problem is (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Status Report

Hi Joseph, There is not much for new news. I have done some study of "limited throw" pneumatics. One of the things that makes the larger pneumatic pistons slower than the small ones is the 6x volume difference compared to small pistons. The travel (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact