 General / 49929
Re: Tallest lego crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:25:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Could anyone enlighten me as to what design patterns are employed in
these sorts of cranes to build the boom and other arms?

Mark

Mark, one site that has some good pics and a clear explanation of truss design
is http://texbrick.com and there's *lots* more on BrickShelf and elsewhere. I've
used the TexBrick truss several times in my own models, and it's quite strong.
You might find yourself making a BrickLink order or two, though...

Tim (Smith)