 General / 49917
Re: Tallest lego crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alvin Brant wrote:
   Good Afternoon All.

I was just curious if anyone could tell me if there is any record for the tallest lego crane model? I have just completed the first set up of my own version of a Liebherr LR-11200 Crawler Crane that is 18 feet tall (almost 6 meters). There are some pictures posted at the following link.

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=104438

Check out the Stage 3 pictures for the full setup. I am currently waiting on an additional order of parts to add another section to the jib, bringing the total height to 20 feet. I think that this will be as tall as I can go.

If anyone has any insight on this matter, please feel let me know.

Thanks--Alvin

Hi Alvin,

Congratulation to your great model, it is really impressive. And I think you have taken the world record, of the tallest LEGO crane model. The former owner of the title was me, with the height 5.20 meters, (17.1 feet) of my Gottwald AK 850-1

My record was announced at the site, AFOL Records (you will find the height 4.80 meters of my crane, due to lack of update). You can write the webmaster of the site to get your record registrated.

Good luck with the last 2 feet, Im looking forward to see the pictures.

Best regards from Denmark,

Anders Gaasedal

LEGO Trucks & Cranes