 General / 49897
Re: Tallest lego crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 06:53:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alvin Brant wrote:

(snipped)

Wow.

So what are the non LEGO things in it? The weights, obviously, and I'm assuming
the string. The wires from the control switches on the 9V train controller and
the snakecable covering them, presumably.

Anything else? What's the provenance of the long guys from the jib to the top of
the first boom and from the second boom bottom to the end? (I can't remember the
names of the crane parts at the mo) I am assuming those are not LEGO either
since they have to take tension and there isn't much in the LEGO universe that's
really long and can take a lot of tension.

Setting that up,doing the lift, and taking it down... all day project?

Spotlighted and cross posted to .build and .technic. FUT left set to .technic.

Thanks for sharing!