 General / 49935
Re: Tallest lego crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:14:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
ondrew hartigan wrote:
In lugnet.general, Alvin Brant wrote:

Good Afternoon All.

I was just curious if anyone could tell me if there is any record for the
tallest lego crane model?  I have just completed the first set up of my own
version of a Liebherr LR-11200 Crawler Crane that is 18 feet tall (almost 6
meters).  There are some pictures posted at the following link.

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=104438

Check out the Stage 3 pictures for the full setup.  I am currently waiting on
an additional order of parts to add another section to the jib, bringing the
total height to 20 feet.  I think that this will be as tall as I can go.

If anyone has any insight on this matter, please feel let me know.

Thanks--Alvin

well i don't know if i should commit you to an isilum or add you to my "dude
that rock's, MOC list" but your model is completly awsome.

as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words:

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/abrant23/LR11200-Stage-1/Stage3/thumb/stage3_41.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Could anyone enlighten me as to what design patterns are employed in
these sorts of cranes to build the boom and other arms?

Mark

Mark

Mark, since I have to disassemble the boom into sections to get the model back
inside, I will take some close up pictures of the boom sections and post them on
Brickshelf this evening so that you can get a better look at the design.

Alvin