 Technic / 13371
Re: Simple locking mechanism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:02:42 GMT

Do you have a pic of the doors?  I'm having trouble to visualize...

Initially I was thinking a simple drop latch made with technic...kind
of like <http://www.gatecityfence.com/ClientPix/1491_GCF_Gate_Latch.jpg
this> but made with say, a short axel and a couple of liftarms like
the 41677.

-Rob A.

Nope, those are garage doors, rubber-band actuated ;-) I just wanted to
make good replacement for those expensive lamel garage doors parts, so I
basically copied the doors I have in my garage. The problem is that also
in reality the doors don't stay shut (while shut, the band is maximally
stretched), but there is a lock which prevents the opening of doors. I
wanted to mimick some simple lock-like mechanism.

I gave up and made it {mis}use friction. The parts are a bit stressed
but I don't think it will damage them soon.

Jindroush