 Technic / 13367
Re: Simple locking mechanism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:03:49 GMT

Joe Greene wrote:
Think 2 pieces of string and counterweights made of 1x1 to 2x2
bricks...especially if it's a castle!

Nope, those are garage doors, rubber-band actuated ;-) I just wanted to
make good replacement for those expensive lamel garage doors parts, so I
basically copied the doors I have in my garage. The problem is that also
in reality the doors don't stay shut (while shut, the band is maximally
stretched), but there is a lock which prevents the opening of doors. I
wanted to mimick some simple lock-like mechanism.

I gave up and made it {mis}use friction. The parts are a bit stressed
but I don't think it will damage them soon.

Jindroush