 Technic / 13389
Re: Dismantling old style pneumatic cylinders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Chris Pritchard wrote:
I just got a 8851 excavator,  and Would like to get inside the cylinders to lube
'em up.  Has anyone successfully dismantled a old style cyilender,  or am I just
dreaming?

Work 'em a few cycles and see if that helps.

Otherwise it might be the rubber seals that are stiffening from age.

Sucking some sort of lubrication into the piston is quite feasable. Also to lube
the shaft.

Opening them w/o destruction is not possible AFAIK since they are glued shut.

Regards,
/Tobbe http://www.lotek.nu/
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)