 Star Wars / *8298 (-100)
  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Sheild, (...) very (...) A better title would be "How AFOLs can make Jar Jar an Orc". LEGO would not be able to use the Jar Jar head on another figure that ain't a Gungan... Lucas wouldn't have it. I have not tried this yet, but how about the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

Well I have stated that Jar-Jar works well as an Orc before. I just tried puting the old knight torso armor overlay on Jar-Jar and it doesn't hit his ears in the back. Give him a round shield with the stud or a Fright Knights bat sheild and an Axe (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"

(...) Or you could take two of those canopies and put one facing forward and another backwards creating a bubble canopie. --kyle (URL)In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Cook writes: (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  I will be computerless for about two weeks...

If anyone needs to contact me try: Eugwecoral@yahoo.com My computer has died and it will be at least two weeks before I can afford to fix it... :( Plus: I just moved to Columbia, TN (somewhat near Nashville) and Mindspring doesn't extend their reach (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tn.nas, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) Thanks, this is exactly what I meant, without the extra 1 stud rounds, the Landspeeder just sits there looking grounded. With two in the centerline, it appears to "float" a plate width high, and even wobbles a little. TLC rectified this with (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) Welcome back, Steve! Check out lugnet.org.nalug . "Where did you see the 7191's?" he asks hopefully. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"

I'd build an A-10 out of light grey and use dark grey and black for the details. For a canopy I figure there is no perfect way to do one so I'd us the naboo fighter canopy and then make the back part of it slope into the fuselage, kinda like they (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"

(...) cool -- problem is I don't have those pieces. I'll come up with something. Thanks for the link. - Marc (URL) [ UH-60 L ] (URL) [ UH-60 C ] (URL) [SEAL Team 9] (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"

(...) (URL) - jsproat (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building the A10 Thunderbolt "Warthog"

(...) do, (...) ground- (...) I've have not heard this rumored replacement of the a-10 by the f16 falcon. I challenge the rumor and would like to see press release proof. Your comments jsproat are spoken like true A-10 lover. I'm closer to loving (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Need Star Wars manuals

Wow, what a response. I received 10 or so replies from very helpful people with offers to replenish my accidentally-trashed manuals. All in just a few hours. I figured I should post here to ask you to stop making your generous offers. I should be (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) Remember, the American $20 sets are the Canadian $30 sets. The Snowspeeder does look like a good model though. I was a little disapointed with my Warp Wing-Fighter's complete lack of swooshability, having the cluttered landing gear and those (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) Aye, it gives a good appearance of repulsorlifts. Just be sure to place them so they're hard to see unless you look directly under the Landspeeder. -Chris (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) he didn't mean float on water (I don't think) he meant that it gives it the appearance of floating... -Bryan (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) I had no idea this toy was supposed to float. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Bradley Dale <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:FxLI2r.17p@lugnet.com... (...) That'd be my choice John Battcock (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) No no... it was made in reference to the fact that some sets come with more than one cloak each; and others didn't. (...) Definitely! -Shiri (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) They're not random. They are placed in sets depending on whether or not the character was wearing a cloak in the scene depicted or not. Did you ever wonder why Darth Maul only has one light saber blade in the Lightsaber Duel set, but has two (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) Lego sets are packed by weight- apparently the fabric cloaks don't weigh enough to be counted by the weight sensors, so they "make sure at least one" gets in. (...) D'oh! I've done this numerous times. I can't beleive I missed saying it. eric (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

Now I know you don't want to spring for a lot of money, but I highly, highly, recommend picking up a Snowspeeder. It's $20 (which is way over your price range) but it's an amazingly well-built model, with great swooshability. Second for me would be (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

Now I know you don't want to spring for a lot of money, but I highly, highly, recommend picking up a Snowspeeder. It's $20 (which is way over your price range) but it's an amazingly well-built model, with great swooshability. Second for me would be (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) True, true! That was my first SW set. And a very good one indeed. (...) Yep; the Qui-Gon torso is the "classic peasant" <grin>, and Darth Maul works great as a dark magic user, or just anything. (...) Ah, yes, I was wondering about that... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) People have already said good things about the Landspeeder and Flash Speeder which I fully agree with. I would also recommend another look at the Lightsaber Duel set, though. Both minifigs torsos are good for Castle work, as they both wear (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) is (...) My favorite small Star Wars sets are the Landspeeder, Flash Speeder and Desert Skiff. The Landspeeder hsa two good figs, lots of useful tan and macaroni bits. On the minus side, I like it too much to take apart, and you need to put a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) The Flash Speeder is definitely a great, small set. Gives you a great feel for the "real" thing. And the pieces are great. I have two or three of those already (kinda lost track between all the sets I got from the Ames sale... thanks again for (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

(...) If not the Naboo Swamp, get the Flash Speeder or the A-Wing. I like both of those quite a bit... -- Richard (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 3340 Has a young Obiwan head in it...

(...) set (...) Mmm-hmm... check the Desert Skiff set, it comes with that head there too, and possibly other sets (?)... I have way too many of any type of Luke-head. :-) (thank goodness he has lots of outfits!) (...) Yeah - that's the only set it (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  3340 Has a young Obiwan head in it...

Besides the switched-color Palpatine hands...there's another oddity in this set my friend Pete noticed today... The Luke figure comes with a young Obiwan head (as found in 7161 Gungan Sub) instead of the traditional Luke head...compare the Luke (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I realized I want Star Wars!

Hmmm...they're all good, but I suggest either the Naboo Swamp or the Droid Fighter. Both have excellent parts, and great "playability" value to them. There's nothing more fun than swooshing a STAP around, or transforming the Droid Fighter from a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  I realized I want Star Wars!

Today I have an urge to go out and buy a small Star Wars set. If liscencing is the way Lego is going, it would be best to accept and appreciate it. Something along the lines of a 7110 Landspeeder, a 7128 Speeder Bikes, a 7121 Naboo Swamp or a 7115 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Need Star Wars manuals

Howdy Well, I managed to accidentally throw out several Star Wars LEGO instruction books & I was looking to buy them or trade from them. Here's what I need: 7110 Land Speeder 7128 Speeder Bikes 7130 Snow Speeder 7140 X-Wing 7150 TIE-Fighter/Y-Wing (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) I guess this is as good a place as any to "rejoin the LEGO family". I've been "off-line" for almost two years due to various financial and personal complications, but the Star Wars LEGO sets forced me to buy more, and my Internet access is (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Collectible mini-figs packs

(...) Well... the S@H catalog says each set, *except* for that one, has a unique minfig. Sorry to burst yer bubble :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Collectible mini-figs packs

(...) The box says unique MINIFIGURE. Does the crossbow really count (I want to complain & get my $5 back, not a big amount, but I could say I got a free minifig pack!!! ~~~...~~~NICK d^;# ~~~...~~~ (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Collectible mini-figs packs

(...) The chewie in the falcon doesnt have the crossbow AFAIK. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millenium Falcon in the UK

"Steve Burge" <steveb@ubistudios.co.uk> wrote in message news:Fwz5oC.2B2@lugnet.com... (...) store (...) TIE (...) TRU Solihull has the TIE for £75 and unless my eyes were deceiving me (they were a little cloudy at the time as my other half was (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Collectible mini-figs packs

(...) The Han in the skiff set also has brown trousers, but is missing the belt/holster details. According to the minifigs boxes there is supposed to be one unique figure in each box - is the Chewbacca different to the one with the Falcon (I don't (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

Yup, much better...just gutted the Falcon and replaced all the goofy red and blue parts with light and dark grey pieces, what an improvement! UCS X-Wing is next (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

I totally agree that TLG should have used more light gray than they did. When I had finished building mine, I compared it to a picture in the Star Wars Technical Journal by Shane Johnson. While the Lego model was very close in appearence to an (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

Oh, gotcha...well, it's actually both. The piping and trim is blue, as is the radar dishes stuck to the outboard sides of the "wings." There is also a bit of dark grey paneling on the outboard sides as well. There are some unique pieces, too. (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) printed. (...) Blue. The little shovels and stuff are dark grey. Frank (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) part, (...) Decals (...) Though the printing method TLC uses is definitely more rugged than a decal. Printed/Stickered parts are such a tricky thing. If I want to use the graphic the way it is intended, I definitely prefer a printed part. If I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) They (...) They're used as flower pots in Scala. I think that's where they originate from, but they could be a Fabuland piece (I think I see one in the tiny picture of 4178 Mickey's Fishing Adventure - which isn't out yet). Frank p.s. Karim, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) I was trying to figure out where these came from... I think that they are also used as jars in one of the duplo sets... (hard to tell from the pictures). They are numbered 33008, so they are pretty new, but I wonder if they've been used (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) They would look even worse than regular stickers. The ideal for me is a permanent graphic system that is optional, and applied by the end user. Decals would be ideal for this. --Karim (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) What about static-cling stickers? The kind that you find on sunglasses and the like... While they wouldn't stick to well to slopes (because slopes generally aren't smooth) they should stick fine to standard bricks, they'd be 100% removable, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) When I first saw the on-line pictures of the 2 UCS ships, my first impression was that the X-Wing would be the better of the two because it just seemed to be richer in details. Weekend before last I had a small Lego-fest with an out-of- town (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Most hated Minifig?

(...) Jar Jar occording to the offical star wars site is coming back in episode 2 www.starwars.com (click on episode 2) -James (Jar Jar should be beaten with a large stick) Walker (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) I mean the trimwork... the small details such as the running piping around the solar panels... is it gray or blue? --Karim (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  POOR GAZGANO :"-(

I saw the starwars bucket at my local TRU ans suddenly noticed: THEY BASICLY MURDERED GAZGANO!!! At first I hoped it was another racer, but they even say it's Gazgano on lego.com!!! Anican & JarJar were spared their lives, but their podracers got (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

I think the whole color issue is pretty difficult to deal with in the case of the UCS X-wing. The mini-fig X-wing is easy enough to accept in light grey, but I think a UCS X-wing in all light grey would not look very authentic. I think TLG should (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

Karim, there are no stickers with the UCS Tie...front "canopy" is pre-printed. Ship detail? Not sure I follow you there, elaborate. (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) Oh, and another question about the UCS TIE Interceptor... In the hand-out catalog, the ship details are gray (as I think they are on the box). In the S@H catalog, they are Blue! So which one is true to the actual model? ObUCSX-Wing: One thing (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) That's something I wondered... How come they decided that White was the primary color of the X-wing, when it's really more of an off-white/gray in the movies? White looks a little bit too "clean"... but its not really a gripe, just curious. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  lego.com/starwars updated again

There's a new site for the UCS set on www.lego.com/starwars now, but it seems not to be completely open yet. I assumed there will be some pictures and details soon. Bye, Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow... ---...--- The (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: did anyone see?

(...) Ooops, should have waited until I looked at all of the pics - those are Snow Speeders, it was hard to see that from the angle of the first picture. Toki (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  did anyone see?

(URL) is a bunch of good stuff there - Jabba's sail barge, AT-STs, etc. Anyone know what that is above the generator in the Hoth scene? Toki (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

No complaints, that is (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

People, I feel I must put my two cents in. First I admit that the UCS X-Wing is a masterpiece, and put my own large scale X-wing to shame...however. Picture this set with a good percentage more light grey pieces (or white), for a more uniform look (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: photography question

"Brett Carver" <brett_carver@agilent.com> wrote in message news:3966C976.28F430...ent.com... (...) I took some pictures of my photosetup, and uploaded them to brickshelf: (URL) use a poster to create a neutral backdrop. The photo of the flowershop (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 rumours

(...) Trains and Star Wars need to go off in separate directions! Why? Because in Star Wars, everybody is either a hotshot pilot, or employs one. It's like everybody drives a car, and the ones who can't, hang out at spaceports (Mos Eisley) trying to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: photography question

(...) I'd like to expand the question some (since I'm working with a digital camera instead of a film camera): What do people use for a backdrop? What kind of material, what color, etc? How do you get the model to stand out and not have the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS TIE Interceptor have an Alternate Model?

(...) The TIE Interceptor instructions have several pictures of an alternate model, but no step by step instructions... I haven't seen the X-Wing's booklet so I wouldn't be able to compare the two. Bryan (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars minifig only sets available?

(...) (at (...) That would be Dawsonville, Georgia. They probally won't be caring the fig packs anytime soon. Most of their stock is older sets (2+ year). jt (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars minifig only sets available?

(...) LEGO Factory Outlet stores: Doraville, Georgia (????) ????????,Virginia (Potamic Mills) LEGO "The BIG Shop": Carlsbad, California (LEGOLand California) LEGO Imagination Centres, current locations: Orlando, Florida (Downtown Disney Marketplace) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) Interesting how we disagree here... this is the one and only major beef I have with this set... The Starwars sets are the only series that LEGO has produced with well-done and fairly theme-generic detailing, and the stickers in this set are no (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) I agree. I'm looking forward to TRU stocking up on these when they see how fast they are moving then getting stuck with a bunch after the first big rush is over then marking them way down then me buying them at like 75% off. I am also waiting (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars minifig only sets available?

(...) anyone (...) Aside from the various Lego retail stores (I know of one at the Mall of America, and at Legoland CA, but I know there are more) the only way to get the minifigs is by mailorder. S@H should have them, you can also get them (at a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS TIE Interceptor have an Alternate Model?

Does the TIE Interceptor come with instructions for an alternate model? I've seen scans of the X-Wing's alternate model so I'm guessing that the TIE does as well. Thanks, Jim (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars minifig only sets available?

I have not seen them in the stores, but perhaps Shop@home has them. Can anyone advise if there are minifig only sets for sales and where? - Marc (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mirror image photos on Minifig set cards.

(...) Yes, I noticed this on the Han Solo card, but didn't look at the others. I also thought it was odd that the two bikerscouts had different card fronts, while all of the other sets (RR, Ninja, etc) have the same front for all of the figs. Ben (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Mirror image photos on Minifig set cards.

I was looking at the cards that come with the starwars minifig sets and I noticed some of the figures are Mirror imaged on the cards. Has anyone else notice this? I found the following to be backwards. Han Solo One of the Biker Scouts Darth Vador (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minifig sets arrived...

Hi, I had a nice package waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. A carton containing 3 three backordered minifig sets (3341,3342,3343) was on my porch. Only 1 Star Wars LEGO set I'm waiting on now....Dark Side Developer. Of course, I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) There were a bunch of parts that I loved... (unique? I don't know, perhaps, but more likely just odd pieces I'd never seen before or colors I hadn't seen before)... The dk. grey engine pieces (at the end) were completely new to me, as was the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

Total snippage of original post... While I love the photos of the UCS X-wing that have been posted on-line, and in the catalog, I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the box at TRU in Dallas. The larger photo shows more detail, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  photography question

I'm sure this is off topic, but I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's, and there doesn't seem to be a good place to ask this question. Anyways - how do people take pictures of their creations. What kind of film/camera do people use, etc... I built a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing

(...) I have not noticed this problem with mine. In fact I was surprised at how well it balances on the stand in either of the three positions. Ben (remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) I dunno for certain that the yellow 'figs are "white" folks. I think they are just "people." I for one hope that Lando comes out with yellow skin. (...) It's the 20th century. 21st doesn't start until 2001. Chris (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

"Jorge Rodriguez" <rodriguez.136@osu.edu> wrote in message news:3964aff4.154699...net.com... (...) I agree. Please set all follow-ups to this in rec.toys.lego so we don't have to deal with it anymore. (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) There's one in the 2000 Adventurers line. Steve (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) It is a double standard because you choose to make it a double standard. I see NO comparison to a 6 foot tall model of thousands of lego bricks, to a mini-fig. In their Duplo line, they chose to make "races", but they have not chosen to do so (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) To me minifigs were always Puerto Rican and they spoke Spanish as a main language. And they were dark skinned or permanently tan or ghostly white since we cover the whole spectrum but still Puerto Rican. Minifigs are what you want them to be. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) First off, the duplo-figs are different than the minifigs. They are not portrayed as yellow at all, only 'white' or 'black'. OTOH, there aren't any black *mini*figs. True, TLC created one (1! just one!) red minifig, but that was over 20 years (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Gerry and all, Well said, in terms of the race issue. I was making a sarcastic reply to the "black pack" when I referred to the "white pack". I am rather tired of the endless debates in terms of SW, TLG, and race, and that is where this comment came (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

I agree on the race issue, however Lego has made some "people" of different ethnicities. There's a "black" duplo guy. I've also seen, on more than one occasion, a "large minifig" built out of regular Lego bricks, by Lego employees, that was "black." (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Yeah, except the ones with Oriental people (who oddly enough have the same skin color as 'white people') or Native Americans (who oddly enough have the same skin color as 'white people', even though there are plenty of them who are darker in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Would you be happy with dark yellow? The fact that lego is making the ethnic sets, indian or oriental, should tell you that yellow is just the basic color for minifigures. You do not see red used for indians although yellow is used for (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Scott, please let me introduce you to a secret that I'm fairly sure most lego users are hip to... The "yellow" minifigs are representations of human beings who are lighter in skin color, i.e. white people. EVERY LEGO SET EVER MADE IS A PROVERBIAL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Damien, (...) postings, (...) start (...) wars (...) that (...) and (...) Yeah, and then they should make a white pack too. FUT-> Off.topic.debate Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) LEGO Parts at Great (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS X-Wing

Well, I have had my UCS X-Wing for a little over a month now and I swear, I have been so scaried of coming home from work and finding it on the floor. The stand sucks! I was on the floor last night 1400 pieces all over my living room floor. I am (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  who's feelin the black pack?

This comes partially in reply to the thread of "dear mr. lucas" postings, and partially as a continuation of an opinion that I will continue to represent to the lugnet community and to TLG. Now that lego can make the faces of the minifigs with any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) Wow! That was exactly the problem I had! Thanks for the tip. The funny thing is it ALMOST balances with the back round thing off by one stud, so I assumed it was the like the click hinges and just not a good design. Actually, seeing how they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

(...) C Chris, I just wanted you to know that that was the most awesome post I have ever read. While I was reading it I heard several people humming America the Beautiful in the background. Excuse me, I need to wipe a tear from my eye. If more (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wierd Dream

"Michael Nelson" <Soldier01624@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fx8F8K.E7I@lugnet.com... (...) variations (...) skin) In a way, you answered your own question. There is no race associated with what you referred to as "normal yellow skin". Lego (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

See the following. I agree heartily. Who really cares anyway? If it means that much to you, paint them yourself. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) You are not crazy I did not have this problem the first time I put it together but did the second time. Problem turned out to be one of the small round discs (sorry, I don't know the official name) was not in the exact spot per the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dear mr lucas...

I would like to ask everyone a question. When was the last time you saw a yellow human being? I have seen some WHITE white people, and some very dark black people (yes black, because everyone who is black is not African American), but I have never (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Disappointing Pod Racing Bucket

(...) Even so, they could have upped the piece count or lowered the price--perhaps by putting it in a compact, inexpensive box rather than a big, pricey, mostly empty bucket--and sold more sets. If it were a toss-up between a $80 "full" set or a $25 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AAT Question

(...) Yes, it is a good rendition. Especially the unbalanced bit. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Emperor unique? Don't think so.

(...) LOL! That *must* be the reason. Both the Luke and Han minifigs appear to be 'unique' to this set. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact