 Star Wars / 8278
Re: I realized I want Star Wars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:42:56 GMT

Now I know you don't want to spring for a lot of money, but I highly, highly,
recommend picking up a Snowspeeder.  It's $20 (which is way over your price
range) but it's an amazingly well-built model, with great swooshability.
Second for me would be the Sppeder bikes or the Naboo Swamp.  Both, again, are
high on the playability list, as you can have vehicles swooshing around with
Luke or Qui-Gon hacking and slashing away.

Seriously though, spring for the extra dough and get a Snowspeeder. You won't
be disappointed.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html

In lugnet.starwars, Bradley Dale writes:
Today I have an urge to go out and buy a small Star Wars set.  If liscencing • is
the way Lego is going, it would be best to accept and appreciate it. • Something
along the lines of a 7110 Landspeeder, a 7128 Speeder Bikes, a 7121 Naboo • Swamp
or a 7115 Gungan Patrol.  I like the large orange animals in the 7115, these
could be altered to be duckbilled dinosaurs for the Adventurers Dino Island. • I
kind of want a Jar Jar, just to see what he's like, and this set has two.
Okay, I'll have to figure this out-

7110 Landspeeder
$9-10 CAN, 43 pieces, about $0.22 per piece.
Pros: Lots of good parts, nice design, new hair colours
Cons: None noted.

7128 Speeder Bikes
$16 CAN, 90 pieces, about $0.18 per piece.
Pros: Cool parts, great design, cool minifigs, a lightsaber
Cons: None noted, except I don't feel like spending more than $10.

7121 Naboo Swamp
$16 CAN, 81 pieces, about $0.20 per piece.
Pros: Contains two droids and a Jar Jar, looks like an overall fun set
Cons: Main model is kind of ugly, but still okay.

7115 Gungan Patrol
$16? CAN, 79 pieces, about $0.20 per piece.
Pros: Four cool alien creatures, a weird different set
Cons: None noted, but again its over $10.

Also around this level are the 7111 Droid Fighter (Ugly, no figures), the 7101
Lightsaber Duel (looks awfuly small and incomplete), 7104 Desert Skiff (ugly
and incomplete, compared to Landspeeder).  What do you reccommend?