 Star Wars / 8207
Re: AAT Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 01:55:08 GMT

James Kent wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Dadd writes:
Has anyone else had this problem with their AAT (or is it ATT?)?

Once I assembled it, it is nearly impossible for it to stand properly. The
back end is too heavy so it always falls over backwards. I had to add some
bricks inside the front saucer section to counter-balance the weight.

Has anyone else had this problem, or did I just assemble it wrong?

You are not crazy
I did not have this problem the first time I put it together but did the
second time.  Problem turned out to be one of the small round discs (sorry, I
don't know the official name) was not in the exact spot per the instructions,
causing the back to be top heavy.

Check your placement of these pieces against the instructions and you will
probably find that one is off by a stud in placement.
Hope this helps!   James

Wow!  That was exactly the problem I had!  Thanks for the tip.  The funny thing
is it ALMOST balances with the back round thing off by one stud, so I assumed it
was the like the click hinges and just not a good design.  Actually, seeing how
they took the time to balance this right, it raises my appreciation for the
design.  I guess the piece count is a little low for $20, but that's due in a
large part to the 2 quarter-hull pieces.  If they used sloped bricks instead
(they would have been tan...that would have been sweet), that would probably be
20-30 more pieces.

Toki