 Robotics / Vision Command / *216 (-100)
  Re: Robot That Sorts Lego Pieces

Hi Chris, It seems to me that for the first time in history, kids could have a robot that can do the thing they hate most. Putting their toys away. This could be a very effective way to show kids the importance of robotics. Clearly, you have given (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Robot That Sorts Lego Pieces

(...) Well this depends on a number of things, primarily how do you sort: by color, by size/shape, or both? Several books have been published about LEGO MindStorms, and a large percentage of them seem to have plans for a "sort bricks by color" robot (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Robot That Sorts Lego Pieces

Hi All, I am running a little robot discovery group at my local elementary school. When I started the group, all the pieces were sorted in see through plastic ziploc bags. But after only a few days the kids have all the pieces in one big mess. So I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Lego Supports XP and Vision Command Now

I x-posted this to the lugnet.robotics, as I felt this applied to the robotics community in general... There is also a patch CD for LEGO Studios. I had to go through Tech Support (hint: select Windows 98 as your operating system... choosing XP then (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Supports XP and Vision Command Now

(...) For FREE ! (At least mine was:-) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Lego Supports XP and Vision Command Now

Please excuse if this has already been posted. I have just received the Vision Command S/W CDROM for XP from Lego and it works great ! Here is an email I received from them with the details if anyone else is interested. I received this after (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  vision command purchase

Hi again! Thanks for all your suggestions, I ended up getting a good deal on the vision command on ebay (only 40 USD (with s/h)). Anyone else looking for it, check out www.ebay.com first, it's got great deals! And once again, thanks! (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Two announcements (OK, they're shameless plugs...)

Everyone, I finally put a "content" page up. I'm still constructing my site, but at least people can browse around now. The link is: (URL) couldn't be at BricksWest 2003... and Eric Sophie needed to solve a vision problem for Jamocklaquat... The (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  vision command purchase

does anyone of a good website where i can get a good deal on vision command? I live in the US, and so far all the stores i've found say it's discontinued or out of stock. please email me, as i don't check this newsgroup very often. Thanks! (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Jama, Vision Command, & Windows XP

Thanks Stuart! (...) Jama eyelightling by hitechnicstuff.com (...) Yes! And with the programs I have been writing - it true! (...) e (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Jama, Vision Command, & Windows XP

(...) I love that second photo-- the lit eyes are chilling! It's alive! It's ALIVE! stuart (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Jama, Vision Command, & Windows XP

From what I understand, there is an issue with using the NT windows products and Vision Command. However, Rob Limbaugh beat it into submission. His pages outline step by step how to install VC properly. Although I have stopped construction on Jama (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Jama, Vision Command, & Windows XP

Wow that sure takes alot of work to get the VC running. What is it configured for in the first place, 98? tisk tisk. I am glad that you are still working on Jama! out (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Jama, Vision Command, & Windows XP

The proof is in the pudding: (URL) more information visit these pages: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: CamCom ActiveX.exe

hi Manfred, this looks great, finally a "real" freeware version (I never succeeded in getting the other (Belgium) freeware). Just started the program and try to run it with a very old Dynalink camera under winXP, it worked right away. I don't have a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  CamCom ActiveX.exe

CamCom is an ActiveX.exe and makes in a VB-project classes available, which make the detection of color and movement possible. For this purpose detection areas must be defined. This can take place at run-time by program control or over the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Demo of Lego Studio?

(...) Yes, it's possible. At least it WAS possible 6 months ago in the U.S. I had similar idea and called Lego consumer service. They sent informatin back, telling that you can order Lego studios sofrware, it costs approx. $30.00 Try to contact your (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision Command under Linux / Kylix

I've got a cheap VC package and started to play with it. Working mostly under Linux with brickOS, I would like to program the cam under Linux. It was no big problem to get it to work. I tested it with the xawtv program. Looks pretty good. Next step (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Books on Vision Command and Image Processing

If Vision Command works like Lego RoboLab's image processing software, then look at: (URL) RoboLab software can use the Vision Command hardware. For more on RoboLab, look at: (URL) general image processing, look at: (URL) Vision (URL) Vision Maybe (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision Command Books

Hi, Does anybody know of any books on Vision Command at all. Especially any books at the level of David Baum's or Bagnall's on Mindstorms. I am really interested in detailed image processing with VC. Thanks, Jon (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision System

Hello, You can find the .NET framework at: www.microsoft.com/net It is about 20MB. There is a SP2. This is only an 4MB upgrade and still require the original Lars Gertsen - Denmark "Stef Mientki" <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Demo of Lego Studio?

Hello, I have just bought VC and I think the camera look like the one in Lego studio. Is there a demo of Lego Studio on the net? I would like to try it out before i spend 180+$ on the set. Anybody know if it is posible to just buy the software? Lars (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Legomaster @ JCAT

Dear Freinds, The 2002 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour was a great experience. I had su much fun. Special thanks to Cindy, my Mother Ruth, Mr. Lexx and Tina for all their help and support. Special thanks to Lugnetter Rob L. for comming down to the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  PCMCIA Card USB Adapter and VC not working

Anyone ever use a PCMCIA Card w/ USB to connect the Lego Cam to your computer? I recently had the cord from my IR tower impede the direction of my knee. Thusly, ripping the USB connection right out of the back of my Lap-Top. So my USB ports are (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.general)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

I am replying to my own message here -- I followed some links on the Lego 'club' forum pages and found an excellent, step-by-step instruction set. It is fundamentally the same as Ted's, but with some changes (a bit easier). Thanks to the writer of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

Hello! I have just bought the VC set, and was attempting to follow the instructions provided by Ted back in January to install VC on my WinXP Professional system. I got stuck at step 3. When I run the QuickCam Setup program from the VC CD, I get the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  How to install VC in Windows 2000

I created a "How-to" here: (URL) instructions have been broken down into 4 pages to compensate for all the application snap-shots. There are approximately 50 steps, most of which comprise of "clicking next/continue/finish/OK". The pages may take (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  The Grande Robotic Experiment Continues...

The webcam'bot has (mostly) been up for a few weeks straight now. (URL) people have logged in and tried it, and have e-mailed me a few suggestions--most of which I have implemented. The biggest improvement is the grabbing mechanism--now it's pretty (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision System

(...) I just wandered over from .Technic I have no buisness in robotics but I do know if you use 'window's update' found on the start menu they offer the .net framework as a download, for free. Steve (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision System

Hallo Jan Willem, Maybe I'm too old fashioned, I only have winXP professional (I thought that was quiet modern and complete), but trying to install the MSI-file, I get this message: "This setup requires the .NET Framework. Please install the .NET (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision System

Hi Stef, MSI stands for Microsoft Installer files. Just right click on the file and select Install (or whatever equivalent is your language version of Windows). The rest should be self explaining. Regrads, Jan Willem (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision System

(...) nice, but I don't know what do with it: MSI-files ?? best regards, Stef Mientki (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision System

At (URL) you can download MindStormsFrameWork and MindStorms Sample Applications, they include a Vision system and some usefull graphics filters as Edge detection and so on, the vision system is aple to monitor for color and return a list of region. (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: vision command and visual basic

(...) Download MindStormsFrameWork from (URL) i realized it with Visual Studio .NET but you can use the ATLVision.dll as a component in your VB application. (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  vision command and visual basic

Hello there, I'm really urged to integrate vision command and visual basic. Does anyone knows any other way different than the activex with password, because we have a presentation (me and my group have a presentation to the hole faculty tomorrow) (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision Command, RCX, and the internet...

There have probably been a few of these 'bots in the past--I remember a few anyway... But have a boo at my latest creation-- (URL) isn't perfect yet... Remember that someone may be using the 'bot at the same time you are trying to use the 'bot, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  XP and Pseudo Vision Commander

on (URL) you'll find SharpStorms Library to use you brick in .NET environment. As soon as possible will be released the .NET MindStorms Framework with an enhanced video unit based on video for windows so you can use all capture device you wnat with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  RE: Robotic Vision

Hi, This should be sent to lugnet.robotics.vc@lugnet.com but, if you go to (URL) and do a search on the subject (try this thread: "Running Vision Command on XP") you'll find out what others might say about this. :) ...one thing I don't understand is (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Running Vision Command on XP

Thanks for the advice, I now have VC working on Xp. I had one idea which made the process easier. I installed VC on a separate Win98 partition (C:\) on my HD. Since Xp can use the FAT32 Win98 partition, I didn't have to transfer the VC files to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Kris's VCS ActiveX Component

(...) It means "hard to find". The fact that you answered 6 months later is proof of that! (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Kris's VCS ActiveX Component

(...) Duncan, check out my website www.snoozysplace.be.tf You will find the latest version over there, and also my emailadres where you can ask me for the password. btw, English isn't my native language, so what does "elusive bloke" mean ? Greetz, (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  The Vision-Command updater

Hi, I was wondering, could anyone e-mail me the Vision-command updater(If it's not to big for that)? thanks (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  VC under Win2k -- was: Running Vision Command on XP

Ted Hess recently posted a mail here with a procedure for installing Vision Command under Windows XP. He had not (yet) tried Windows 2000. I did (Win2k Professional edition), and the bottom line is Ted's procedure works for Win2k as well. Ted -- (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

I recieved this info today, and sounds like good news to me. "I can answer the questions for this gentleman however I don't know if he'll be any less frustrated. We are working on a Vision Command patch so it can install and run on Windows XP (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

Hi all, A little birdie over at consumer affairs told me a patch is in the works! I was also told that this set is being discontinued. I should know more after a few more e-mail communications. I haven't played with the software yet, is it even (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  3Com HomeConnect camera - very Lego-compatible

Hey, I just discovered that my 3Com HomeConnect USB camera is extremely Lego-compatible. It's so close I have a feeling it's not an accident. I built a very nice pan-tilt mechanism for it. What fun! Anyway, now I don't feel so bad that I bought the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

(...) Ted (and all): Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain or point me to an explanation of how I perform step 6. "Edit and import legovcs.reg into RegEdit" I'm not a computer jock (though I am fairly competant) and am nervous about (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

Hi all, Will someone please email me the Vision Command Updater.exe from RIS 2.0? Thanks in advance Chris (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Should I start regretting my VC impulse buy?

Hi all, I just received my Vision Command set, purchased on an impulse when I read a post on Lugnet that I could get it for $25 from KBtoys.com. It arrived today, and I've just spent a couple of fruitless hours trying to get the Lego camera to work (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

Well, it would be nice if Lego would make this "update" available on-line. AFAIK, this update is only on the RIS 2.0 CD. Perhaps, you could order the RIS 2.0 updgrade from Lego. I suppose this update was to make VCS compatible with RIS 2.0 which (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

(...) etc... Thanks for the instructions, I followed them all except the bit on VCS VERSION 1.1, so I was only partly successfull. LegoCam is working. Any other suggestions as to where one gets this ? Any idea what the update actually contains ? (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

(...) I now have Studios up and running within XP. I had to download a new driver from the Logitech site for the camera and then it was just a case of setting the compatibility option for Lego Studios so that it thinks it is still running in Win (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Running Vision Command on XP

Great work, Ted. Do you think a similar hack could make Lego Studios run under XP? Anyway, this workaround just underlines the poor, poor support from Lego. The VC/Studios support sites does not even mention XP! Wake up, Lego! A company thats says (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Running Vision Command on XP

I think I found the key to my previous success at getting VCS to run on W2K/XP. This is the good news - The bad news is you need to get a copy of RIS 2.0 and run the VCS update utility on the RIS CD. I don't know if this update is available from (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision command and windows 2000?

When I try to install Vision Command under windows 2000 I get an errormessage that windows 2000/NT is not supported. Now I've tried to instal vision command on an other pc under win98 an move this to windows 2000 as described in the message "VC on (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Using Vision Command as a Smart Sensor

Thanks for this thread it really came in usfull today! I used Dean Husby suggestion for linking to all 4 program areas and it was very easy and cool! I had one issue that I thought I'd share. Maybe this can be added to the web page (see URL below). (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Lego Studios Cam and Macintosh

Posted on behalf of Jørgen Rygh: --- FYI - LEGO is considering to make the Studio CD available separately as they have received a lot of requests from Vision Command owners. And, the Pinnacle Studio Action kit (URL) NOT work with the LEGO camera (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Vision command and Lego Studio under Windows XP

System recognizes camera but I get error message - software does not support Windows 2000 or Windows NT (I suppose this is the default message for an unknown version). So.......is Lego coming out with an upgrade - seeing as any new system comes only (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC on WindowsXP Pro

Yes I did. It took a bit of hacking. I can follow-up this note if necessary with some more details but I'll have to figure it out again myself. I did this about 6 months ago while beta testing XP. You will need a Win98 system, preferably networked (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Kris's VCS ActiveX Component

Has anyone sucessfully got hold of Kris Wauters, to get the password for his ZIP files. He's a very elusive bloke! Please Email me the password, if you have it. Thank you (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  VC on WindowsXP Pro

Has anyone gotten VC to work completely on WindowsXP Pro? I would like to know how you did it. Thanks John (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC problem...

Finally LEGO replied to my e-mails and sent me a replacement Vision Command CD! Thanks LEGO and all of you who offered to send me one! George (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC problem...

I don't know what to say! I have the whole Mindstorms range and i expect a better treatment from LEGO! It's my second e-mail to LEGO Consumer Services Europe and still no answer! Do you or anyone else is willing to send me a Vision Command English (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: VC problem...

I had a similar problem when purchasing a Mindstorms 1.5 set. The box, instructions, CD, etc. were all in Spanish (very unusual as I purchased the set in Canada). It was the last set the store had and I was able to get it at a discount. All I did (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  VC problem...

Hello, I got VC from Italy and the CD doesn't contain an English version! I asked LEGO for a replacement CD in English and they can't help! Here's their answer: "We are unable to properly handle this question or request. We will leave it to you to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: vision command activex

(...) Try: (URL) and ask Snoozy! He's a very nice chap! Grtz., -=<][))a ][}yte>=- (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  vision command activex

Have anyone used the vision command activex in a VB6 program. I need some sample code to give me a practical example of how it could be used (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Programming VC

Hi Alberto, well, you can do that sort of things with my VCS ActiveX. check it out at (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Programming VC

Hi Alberto, (...) No ! Every region is good for only one event. But you can build your own region to act like one with two events. You have to edit some bitmaps (as described here : (URL) ) Now, if you build a region (two in fact) with red and green (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Programming VC

I have some questions about programming VC. Is it possible to launch two differents events over the same region ? (i.e Do something if it detect blue and other thing if it detect red) Is it possible to combine events from differents regions ? I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

I knew to use RCX and VC, but it is not wireless, so I don't think its my (...) Command? (...) but (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

I don't know about the Lego Studio cam or if it has two mic's. I think it only has one just like the VC Cam. It is not completely wireless. But you can use the RCX and VC together. What do you mean about "x10" ? (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

So you mean camera in LEGO Studio has two MIC, but only one in Vision Command? I want to use camera to as a smart sensor in RCX Controlled Trains System, but I hope it is wireless, do you have any idea? how about x10? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

The Vision Command Cam has one in it, are'nt the two identical, except for the color and software? I always think this is cool because for me the ears of the robot I haveare in it's eyes! (Shameless Plug) (URL) What are you building? (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

(...) When looking at the lens of the camera, it is the indent on the top right side; opposite of the indent where the LED is located. -Rob Doucette. DoucetteNet LEGO® on Brickbay (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Does LEGOCAM has a microphone inside it?

I heard LEGO Studio's Camera has a MIC, I think they are same camera, but I couldn't find MIC in my LEGOCAM, does anyone tell me? Zhengrong (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

May I need to config something to compress captured file? (...) there (...) how (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

(...) Pinnacle Systems has a USB capture device that allows you to use alternate video sources: (URL) post: (URL) that the device probably won't work with Vision Command. I use the Windows Movie Maker (part of ME?) with the VC camera, I don't recall (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Who knows any hints and tips for taking video by LEGOCAM?

I am using LEGOCAM to take video for my LEGO Train projects, but I found there are several problems, first, it is not clear, the resolution is too lower, how can I improve it? Second, the AVI files is too big, it is about 20M for 2 minutes, I use (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Please do, cause the dual "binocular vision" is somthing I'm looking foward too plus the ability of the Robot completely interact with the two VC Cams is really neat. Good Luck!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Yeah, I was lucky enough last Christmas to confuse my wife enough to get me the Lego Movie Studio set and the Vision Command set. Since my laptop only has one USB port I had to wait until I got a USB hub before I could connect both cameras. So far I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Interesting, I was wondering, plus with Two VC's mounted in the head of the Robot, I need all the help on interfaces that I can get! (URL) so you have two VC Cams too? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Well I tried it and it doesn't work they I thought is would. The Logitech SDK does not allow multiple simultaneous independent video streams. The documentation states that each instance of a video portal will share the same camera. So to view (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  using VC with windows 2000

Hi! Is there a way to use the system with windows 2000? Even though it is not supported by LEGO, maybe something can be done with the logitech w2k drivers for the cam? I know this question was posted before, but it wasn't answered then. thanks! Gila (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi, Rainer - I too disagree with some points you mention: (...) but it's not out of the box and I'm a purist. (...) box, I'm a purist. Also, are you saying that while VC operates slot 5, it can activate (let's say) slot 4 and run the two programs (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi Eric, I disagree in some points. (...) Please notice, that you can build your own vision templates. (URL)The RCX cannot run normal RCX (...) That's not true ! The VC software downloads a little program (myprog.txt) to your RCX. This little (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Wireless replacement for USB cable

(...) the (...) to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Wireless replacement for USB cable

I would like to create a VC robot that is not limited by the legnth of the USB cable. Does anyone sell a wireless product that could replace the annoying cable? Can I setup one of those X10 wireless cameras to work with VC instead of the LEGO CAM (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  VC and RIS

Hi, I wonder if there is someone out there who has got VC to work with the RCX without installing RIS. I have RIS but never programs in RCX Code, I use NQC. I have been mixing some with the VCS.ini file in the VC directory, but I dont get it to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  RE: Can VC be used without PC?

No it can't. VC needs to be connected to an USB enabled device for image input/capture and power source with relatively fast processing power for image processing and with a serial port (RS-232 for RIS 1.0 and 1.5 or USB for RIS 2.0) for RCX (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Can VC be used without PC?

Hi Zhengrong, NO ! The VC Camera is nothing else but a logitech web cam in a lego style cabinet. It uses the USB port of your PC and can't be used without a Computer. Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Can VC be used without PC?

I got VC today, but I haven't time to use it. I want to know if VC can be used as a smart sensor without PC? (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Hmmmm, gonna try it! (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Dual Vision Command Controll

Hi Eric, i did not try this yet, but the logitech SDK should support this ! (URL) you downloaded the SDK you'll find a sample called HydraQC. This sample demonstrates the use of several (6 i guess) cameras at once. Rainer (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Dual Vision Command Controll

Anybody successfully incorporate two Vision Command sensor/cams to one PC? There are alot of in's and out's to doing this...I have ideas (and the need) but I want some feed back before discussing it. Anybody got two connected to one (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: legocam as alternative input device

(...) The only idea I have about that is to write your own virtual serial port to which the VC software points and capture the commands normally send to an RCX. (Is it worth it ?) But if you have the knowledge to do this, you should try the logitech (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: Vision Command software vs. Moviemaker software

richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1znv.91J@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) The VC "Camera" software is pretty basic, but works for both still images and animation. The biggest problem you'll have is editing. It doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  legocam as alternative input device

Does anyone know how to use the legocam/vision command software as an alternative input device, say for a game? I want to have the hotspots emulate keyboard actions to control something else (not part of the lego package), for example movement in (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact