 Robotics / Vision Command / 165
Re: Running Vision Command on XP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Thomas Hoeg-Jensen writes:
Great work, Ted.
Do you think a similar hack could make Lego Studios run under XP?

Anyway, this workaround just underlines the poor, poor support from Lego.
The VC/Studios support sites does not even mention XP!
Wake up, Lego! A company thats says it wants to grow in IT products?
This is horrible.

- Thomas Hoeg-Jensen

When I upgraded to XP I found that the only app. that wouldn't work was Lego Studios. I checked the Lego site and, according to the FAQ, the current new Windows version is ME!! I then sent an email to Studios support. The reply I got was to "use a dual-boot system".

I now have Studios up and running within XP. I had to download a new driver
from the Logitech site for the camera and then it was just a case of setting
the compatibility option for Lego Studios so that it thinks it is still
running in Win '98.

- Daz