 Robotics / Vision Command / 192
Re: Running Vision Command on XP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:50:46 GMT

I am replying to my own message here -- I followed some links on the Lego
'club' forum pages and found an excellent, step-by-step instruction set. It
is fundamentally the same as Ted's, but with some changes (a bit easier).
Thanks to the writer of that!  I don't know the protocol here for posting
links to non-original work, so I won't post that link -- but you can find it
if you are a member of the Lego community over on the official lego site,
and go to the forum area for Vision Command.  There you will find that link.

               -- Emily Williams

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Emily Williams writes:
Hello!

I have just bought the VC set, and was attempting to follow the instructions
provided by Ted back in January to install VC on my WinXP Professional
system.  I got stuck at step 3.  When I run the QuickCam Setup program from
the VC CD, I get the LegoCam Setup Wizard.  This does not give me the option
to install the camera but not the driver; it does not give me any place to
say that yes, I want to install RealPlayer7.  I have not ever gone all the
way through this LegoCam Setup Wizard because I don't want to get into the
area of it overwriting my XP driver, as Ted warns in this step.

So, what should I do?  I will appreciate any tips, thanks very much!

-- Emily

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ted Hess writes:
  // snip

Below are some "easy" instructions for installing VCS on an XP system.
Haven't tried Windows 2000...

       //  remainder omitted