 Robotics / Vision Command / 213
Re: Lego Supports XP and Vision Command Now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:21:45 GMT

I x-posted this to the lugnet.robotics, as I felt this applied to the
robotics community in general...

There is also a patch CD for LEGO Studios.

I had to go through Tech Support (hint:  select Windows 98 as your operating
system... choosing XP then Vision Command leads to a dead-end).  Tech
Support establishes proof of purchase.

Afterwards, I needed to call back (1.800.422.5346) but not select any
options so that I could speak with customer service and request the CD's, at
which time they looked me up and confirmed that I went through tech support.

The person I spoke to told me that the Vision Command CD for XP is only
available in English at this time.

- Rob

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Richard Dyer writes:
Please excuse if this has already been posted.  I have just received the
Vision Command S/W CDROM for XP from Lego and it works great !  Here is an
email I received from them with the details if anyone else is interested.  I
received this after pestering them many times (non stop ?) with complaints
about the lack of XP support. I guess I was not the only one complaining.

You can call Lego and get them to send you the new XP version of the
Vision Command Software.

Dear LEGO® Builder,
Thank you for contacting the LEGO Company.   LEGO MINDSTORMS(tm) set
#9731 Vision Command was developed before Windows®XP was brought to the
market, and as such is not compatible with Windows XP and will not run
in their current format.  At this time, however, our LEGO Software
designers have developed a solution for this problem and I am pleased to
inform you that the Vision Command WinXP software is now available.

We will be sending this out to you in CD-Rom format. If you have not
done so already, please provide us with your name, address and phone
number so that we may send this complimentary upgrade as soon as
possible.  You may also call us at 1-800-422-5346 to request the CD over the
phone.

Upon receipt of the CD-Rom, should you experience any problems, please
contact LEGO Technical Support at 1-877-505-6889.  Please accept our
apologies for any inconvenience this has caused in your home.

Please do not hesitate to contact LEGO Consumer Services at
1-800-422-5346 if we can be of further assistance.

Margot
Consumer Services Advisor