 Robotics / Vision Command / 214
213  |  215
Subject:
Robot That Sorts Lego Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:11:58 GMT

Hi All,

I am running a little robot discovery group at my local elementary school.
When I started the group, all the pieces were sorted in see through plastic
ziploc bags. But after only a few days the kids have all the pieces in one
big mess.

So I would like to build a robot for sorting the Lego pieces when the kids
are done using them. I would think that the most difficult part of the
project would be a program for recognizing the pieces.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I might find a program that would work
with Vision Command for this purpose?

Has anyone already done this?

Also, any other ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks, John