 Robotics / Vision Command / 148
Re: Programming VC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:52:27 GMT

Hi Alberto,

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Alberto Lopez writes:
I have some questions about programming VC.

Is it possible to launch two differents events over the same region ?

No ! Every region is good for only one event.
But you can build your own region to act like one with two events. You have
to edit some bitmaps (as described here :
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/vcpattern.htm  )

Now, if you build a region (two in fact) with red and green like a
chessboard, this region (in fact 2 !) will react to the event of region 1
and the event of region 2.

(i.e Do something if it detect blue and other thing if it detect red)
-> region 1 set to : detect blue ; region 2 set to detect red

Is it possible to combine events from differents regions ?
I mean, If in region one it detects "motion" and in region three it detects
"blue" then do something.

No ! Every region in the VC software sends a message to the RCX.
The only thing you can do is to program your RCX in that way, that it awaits
event one and then event two (or vice versa) .

The best way doing so is to use NQC. Michael Gasperi describes how it works at:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/vcsensor.htm

Greetings,

Rainer

P.S.: Do you have a sister called Jeniffer ??   ;-)