 Robotics / Vision Command / 119
Re: legocam as alternative input device
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Tony Kemplen writes:
Does anyone know how to use the legocam/vision command software as an
alternative input device, say for a game?
I want to have the hotspots emulate keyboard actions to control something
else (not part of the lego package), for example movement in zone 1 would
‘press’ the left arrow key, movement in zone 2 the right arrow key etc.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Tony

The only idea I have about that is to write your own virtual serial port to
which the VC software points and capture the commands normally send to an RCX.
(Is it worth it ?)

But if you have the knowledge to do this, you should try the logitech SDK
instead, which works perfect with the logo cam (motion detection allready
included).
look here for further information : http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/vc/?n=35

Rainer