 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5312
5311  |  5313
Subject:
The Grande Robotic Experiment Continues...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:34:40 GMT

The webcam'bot has (mostly) been up for a few weeks straight now.

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

Some people have logged in and tried it, and have e-mailed me a few
suggestions--most of which I have implemented.

The biggest improvement is the grabbing mechanism--now it's pretty easy to
get a stack of blocks, even three high.

Other improvements:

-cleaner web interface
-lots more blocks (and many different colours)
-blocks with *trees* on them (for the additional challenge of stacking
'tree' blocks ;) )
-the 'bot has full range of the field (4' by 4', so that's like, a whole 16
square feet you can explore!)
-display of the time on the RCX, as well as the current temperature of my
living room--maybe more sensor readings to come...
-chat window--though I'm never home so why that's there is beyond me--some
folks like it, however.
-a few fun surprises placed sporadically around and in the playfield

I'll be trying to figure out what kind of other LEGO things may be easily
stackable by the 'bot, so check periodically and see what's on the field.

As always, I serve at the pleasure of the president--oops, just looking
forward to the season premiere of the West Wing...

I meant to say--as always, I'm interested to know what you think and any
improvements and/or suggestions you may have would be, by me, appreciated.

What's next?

Dave K.