 Robotics / 18929
18928  |  18930
Subject:
How to install VC in Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:21:48 GMT

I created a "How-to" here:
http://www.abs-robotics.com/tips/install/win2k/vc.htm

The instructions have been broken down into 4 pages to compensate for all
the application snap-shots.  There are approximately 50 steps, most of which
comprise of "clicking next/continue/finish/OK".  The pages may take some
time to load on a slow connection.

I performed the installation twice.  The first time was to see if my hunch
would even work.  The 2nd time, I made all the images.

To test out the installation, I removed the batteries from an RCX so VC
would perform the 2.0 firmware update.  I then (painfully) stepped through
all the
training videos again to make sure VC, RIS, and RCX interaction worked the
way it should.

- Rob