 Robotics / RCX / *2855 (-100)
  Re: compiling

(...) Never mind everyone got it to work. Patrick (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Expanding the available input/output ports of the RCX

Hi, With only 3 input and 3 output ports, the RCX becomes quite limiting after a while. There are several different solutions to this at various sites. Does anyone know which one is the best out of all of them. I basically looking for good (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  compiling

I am new to this message board so I am sorry if this topic has already been covered. I have been tring to make, but have been unsuccessful. The OS that I am currently trying to use is legOS 2.3. I keep recieving the error message: h8300-hms-gcc.exe: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Caution when using DCP container constructs

In Robolab 2.0 the eight DCP container constructs store the raw value of the sensor. This means the value stored is not in rotations, volts, dB, etc. but in a raw measurement of these values. This raw value cannot be easily used with other Robolab (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Minor bug in DCP sound sensor support

Robolab 2.0 and 2.01 programmer extras has a bug in the DCP sound sensor construct "Wait for increasing sound". This construct sets the sensor type to touch when it should set the sensor type to light. The other sound sensor constructs "Wait for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: legOS battery life code

Sorry! I forgot to post the code. Here it is: #include <dsensor.h> #include <dlcd.h> #include <conio.h> int get_battery_mv() { long b; int mv; b = BATTERY; b = ds_scale(b) * 0xABD4L; mv = b / 0x618L; return mv; } int main(int ac, char **av) { int b; (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS battery life code

Hello, I recently received some code in the mail that when compiled and uploaded to the RCX is supposed to give you the battery life. But when I go to compile it, legOS/util/makelx gives me the following error message: single byte different at (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Interactive Robots

(...) Quite good. Fantastic site, I have just spend a relaxing 30 minutes browsing it. Keep up the good work. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

(...) No problem. Most of the other environments hide this sort of thing programmer, but this relies on the fact that the programming environment knows how each sensor is going to be used. I didn't think this fit with the C philosophy*, so (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

Well, Chris verifies that he uses variable 23, 24, and 25 to log values in ROBOLAB, and that he also puts in random stuff such as which sensor it is, etc. in the beginning of the datalog. But this still leaves the problem of how to clear the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

ahhh... there it is. page 312. thanks. :) i think i saw that 3-digit stuff before and i forgot about it. and thanks for the idea about the until. -ben (...) of (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

Ben, Internally, the RCX only works with integers, but .1 degree resolution was desired for temperature sensors, so the sensor values are actually measured in .1 degree increments. A reading of 70 degrees F is stored as 700, not 70. If you change (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  temperature sensor problem

It's probably something simple and i'm about to embarrass myself, but I'm trying to write the equivalent of an RCX Code temperature sensor watcher with NQC. The motors don't seem to shut off, even when the temperature gets less than 70... (I added (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: rotation sensor problem, again...

I had the same problem and I solved it with a msleep(50). msleep(10) is not enough. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: battery life indicator

if((BATTERY/0x0016)<700) dlcd_show(LCD_BATTERY_X); I always put this line on my programs. BATTERY/0x0016 gives the value in V*100 of all batteries open circuit voltage. <700 is the limit for rotation sensors to work (all the other sensors have (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: interrupts for buttons

Sorry about the long delay, I've been away. Demo.c is inaccessable because it was written for 0.1.7 and I've not yet had the time to update it. Unfortunately, this is going to be a semi-major task and so will probably be one of the last things to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

(...) I've posted the source code for MacNQC (sorry it took so long): (URL) there are any serious takers for continuing MacNQC development, please let me know. About the only thing I'd be concerned about is that the project should stay MPL'ed. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: running the motors underwater

(...) The main problem is that the motor isn't water prof. It's rusting inside and or the grease is breaking down. The motor will heat up while in use. This would cause a sealed motor to push the air past the rotating axle. Ok, now when the motor (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  running the motors underwater

A few years ago some kids I was working with were trying to outfit a LEGO boat with a paddle wheel and micromotor. While they were working, one kid got the idea that he was going to put a propellor onto one of the 4200 rpm motors, add wheels, and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: java/RCX combo

I'm currently trying to recreate the JavaOne Mindstorms demo which Sun used in 1999 to show off its Jini(tm) capabilities. Will let you know once I succeed - at the moment the problems are more related to Java(tm) than anything else. -thomas (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Making LegOS under Win98

Hi All I was wondering if anyone has some sample LNP applications posted anywhere, or if there is any sample code and/or docs online. I'm having abi tof difficulty diving into it, so to speak ;-) Colin Ryan (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC Programmer's Guide Updated

A major overhaul of the NQC Programmer's Guide has been compelted. Since the guide applies to NQC 2.2, and NQC 2.2 is still in beta, the guide is in beta as well: (URL) those of you waiting to try out NQC with the Scout or RCX2, the new guide should (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Interactive Robots

I have been playing around with building more rounded robots using building techniques usually seen in lugnet.build.arch.* I have constructed two rather nice looking examples that have some rudementary interaction. If either robot detects the other (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  internet project, anyone?

I'm working on an internet communication project that requires both parties to have ROBOLAB 2.01 and the Technic 8094. (i can get you robolab 2.01 if you need it) If you are interested in trying this out with me, let me know... i realize this is a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  interrupts for buttons

I'm trying to connect the Run button to an "event function" so that I can shut down my system nice and clean instead of the evil kill that is happening right now. It seems I can't access demo.c that is in the HOWTO, so I'm not sure how I'd do this. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

You could always check how big your datalog is by uploading the first point of the datalog in VB. The third element of the first point (point 0) is the size of the datalog. Throw that in a databox and see what it gives you. I would agree that VB (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: memory leak in string handling

And the problem is solved. Perhaps my pains can be used for something good anyway. Perhaps the people who suggested their beautiful strcat-functions can have (at least the prettiest one) them included in a future release. And if you're wondering how (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memory leak in string handling

Thank you everyone who helped out. The strcat function works like a charm. Unfortunately, the memory leak is still there. I'm beginning to think it might be that the strings are never deallocated at all. I'm going to have to check so that the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Making LegOS under Win98

I did not have the lnp.c file, so I copied it to the util/dll-src directory. It did not change anything. Then I downloaded and installed the CVS version. It still gave the same errors. This is exactly what errors were specified: (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) I think chris is putting some other info in the datalog. I poked at this briefly when using an early version of Robolab 2.0, but I don't recall the exact details. I think it comes from Robolab trying to use the datalog to record multiple (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Making LegOS under Win98

Hmm. OK, well, if you look in ../Makefile.user (which is included from demo/Makefile) on the very last line you'll see this: %.lx: %.ds1 %.ds2 $(MAKELX) $*.ds1 $*.ds2 $*.lx That is a rule to make all .lx files. So, the rule is there and should be (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

ok, so i'm getting a little closer to answering my own question, but i'm still stuck. if i write a new robolab program to take 10 points of light data and then upload it with VB, those 10 points get put into slots 10-20 in the datalog, and points (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) But I wasn't logging variables... and I never have... I was logging sensor values... and the values were certainly not things like 9, 0, 1, 3, ... (what showed up for values) but were more like 16, 23, 32... (which show up 70 or so values into (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Making LegOS under Win98

Andy- 3 Questions: 1) What version are you running? 2) Where/when did you get the file from? 3) Can I see the Makefile in question? (should be legOS/demo/Makefile, also legOS/Makefile.user) Neither or these have been changed in more than two months (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) Variables are 'type' 0, but there's a disagreement between NQC and VB about which var is in the log. I haven't heard of any problems with NQC in this respect, but I can test it out a bit and see. ... (...) At the bytecode level, the datalog is (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Making LegOS under Win98

Hello, I am trying to build LegOS 0.2.4 under Win98, using Paolo Masetti's instructions for cygwin. When I MAKE, it says that there are no rules to compile helloworld.lx needed by all. I looked in the makefile, and could not find a rule. I also (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

Ok i'm lame. i had the vb uploading code in a random code module instead of a module specifically for the click of the upload button. anyway, now the data comes up in the vb list box, but it is all screwy. for example, for some data that i just (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

(...) I would LOVE to. Much to my chagrin, I don't have the time. My research project has filled all time left (Behavior Based Robotics, believe it or not!). (...) Oh man, the fun stuff. (...) Figures, now when I can actually add some value to (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

I'm out here, and I do PP stuff, but I still don't have a RIS. (If that matters!) If it's fun GUI widget work then I wouldn't mind putting some time into it. -Erik (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 now in beta

(...) I'll try to get Linux stuff built this weekend. (We're in the midst of moving, so it might be til Monday.) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Call for Mac programmers

MacNQC needs some work - there are numerous enhancements that could be made if I only had a little time to spend on it. However, NQC has grown to take up more and more of my programming time, so MacNQC has largely been neglected. Are there any Mac (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.2 now in beta

See (URL) for more information. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) I thought about this for a while, when I was thinking about "obvert". In one sense, "invert" does imply that inversing again will revert (*grin*), but I don't believe that this meaning is implicit. There is another sense which simply means "to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) The problem I have with ForwardOutput() and ReverseOutput() is that the terms 'forward' and 'reverse' already have a meaning - specifically they refer to motor directions... Fwd(OUT_A); Rev(OUT_B); If you then 'reverse' the global direction... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: global output control

(...) Ummm, how about... ReverseOutput(const int outs); // global reverse ForwardOutput(const int outs); // global fwd Reverse kind of implies invert, but I don't think that will matter to many folks... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) We must have the same twisted sense of humor since the necessity of putting it in the FAQ pretty much tipped the scales for me. ObvertOutput() it is! Dave p.s. We'll see if I'm still laughing when people start e-mailing me about it. (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Dumb VB question

In manual it says that input has to be string, then activeX control parses it and searches for numbers 0,1,2. So perhaps you should define those constants explicitly as strings instead of using variants. "Ben Erwin" <ben@alum.mit.edu> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dumb VB question

"Ben Erwin" <ben@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:FwHKu9.2I1@lugnet.com... (...) how (...) "OUTPUT_AOUTPUT_BOUTPUT_C" (...) This is just a guess, but how about OUTPUT_A + OUTPUT_B + OUTPUT_C . (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: global output control

(...) It's a bit obscure, but a perfectly good word -- the opposite of invert. It means to turn something forward, as opposed to invert, which is to turn something backward. (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) I never heard that word before. Jürgen (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) That sounds like a reason to use it right there. :) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) Yes it is a great description of the actual function, however I feel the word is a bit obscure and that's why I hesitate about using it. That's what the "not sure" is...Obvert technically means the right thing, but perhaps isn't obvious to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Dumb VB question

If using the constants OUTPUT_A, OUTPUT_B, OUTPUT_C instead of "012" ... how can you refer to multiple outputs in one command? "OUTPUT_AOUTPUT_BOUTPUT_C" certainly doesn't work, and neither do "OUTPUT_A,OUTPUT_B,OUTPUT_C" or "OUTPUT_A OUTPUT_B (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New to legOS, can you get it seperately?

(...) It is free, but it won't do you much good without an RCX- to the best of my knowledge it won't run on anything else. (...) It's not really another type of C- just a different set of libraries. Other than that, same old C. -Luis (...) ---...--- (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (canceled)

  Re: global output control

(...) PS -- I'm not really as fanatical about this as I may seem. I'll be happy either way. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) It's a perfectly good word! (It's not in M-W, but OED has it. And M-W has "obverse"....) :) And, it describes exactly what you want. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) I was thinking of RestoreOutput myself, but then I was wondering if it implied restoring the enable/disable state as well. I'd like to keep the calls 'paired' as much as possible... EnableOutput / DisableOutput InvertOutput / ???Output I know (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: SDL and legOS (was: memory left)

Hi guys I found this tutorial about SDL. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: VB Upload Problem

I have source coding sample of it, www.pronerd.com/lego should have a link, else goto my old page, (URL) Rutkas Faith in Chaos www.PRONERD.com -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Ben (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  (canceled)

  Re: memory leak in string handling

Jamie Obrien <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote: You can't do this: (...) You probably meant char *d2 = dest; like the original author wrote. Here also: (...) You probably meant return dest; like the original author wrote. -Kekoa (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: memory leak in string handling

(...) I don't know of any leaks, but this line includes the terminating \0 in the output string: (...) Try the following instead: while (*d2) d2++; Presumably if you allocated a buffer of exactly the right size for a correct strcat, you code would (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (canceled)

  Re: memory leak in string handling

(...) But strcat isn't implemented in legOS is it? At least I had trouble finding it when I needed it to use in a random number generator. But this was in 0.2.3, so I don't know about 0.2.4. Tobias (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (canceled)

  Re: global output control

Just had to add my two cents worth; NegateOutput RestoreOutput JB (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) What's wrong with Obvert? (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  memory leak in string handling

This is not, as far as I know, something that is the matter with legos, but rather with my C programming skills. I'm trying to write the function strcat, but apparantly I'm losing memory somewhere. If anyone can see any apparant leak, please let me (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: global output control

(...) How about DontInvertOutput? Not beautiful, but IMHO clearer. Jürgen (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: More Reviewers Needed for New Mindstorms Book

Thanks to everyone that replied! We have more than enough reviewers now. :) -Ben (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  VB Upload Problem

I'm having trouble uploading data from within VBA (Microsoft Word). I wrote the Example program from page 93 of the SDK, and added an .InitComm before the UploadDatalog command. When I run the script, the green light comes on in the tower as if data (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  More Reviewers Needed for New Mindstorms Book

Hi all. Addison-Wesley is looking for some more reviewers for a book I am writing about LEGO Mindstorms (primarily RCX and RIS). If you are interested, please contact me at ben@alum.mit.edu and I will put you in touch with them. Thanks! -Ben Erwin (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: global output control

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn8kshgc.sof.....bu.edu... (...) first, (...) It won't do any good to call Revert without Invert though... I guess one confusion with Revert is that it wouldn't switch the output back to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) The only problem is that "revert" implies that invert must be called first, and I don't think that is the case. (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn8kpub3.v5a.....bu.edu... (...) "RevertOutput". (...) I think RevertOutput is fine. I actually wonder how often that call will end being used in user's programs? The InvertOutput command (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: global output control

(...) ObvertOutput? (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  global output control

The Scout and RCX 2.0 both support what lego calls "global" control of the outputs. At first I thought the global calls somehow took precedence over normal calls, so I simply made global versions of all the output calls in NQC. However, after (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

"Luis Villa" <liv@duke.edu> wrote in message news:Pine.SOL.3.91.1...uke.edu... (...) This (...) It's a must, Luis... ;-) (...) file (...) Step (...) Strange (famous programming quotation)... ;-) Can I have your modification to test them on my (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: battery life indicator

(...) All you can figure out is an estimate of the power supply voltage, which I'd guess doesn't correlate all that robustly to battery life. -Kekoa (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  battery life indicator

Hello, Is there a way to find out the battery life on the RCX in legOS? I checked this group and the documentation, and I can't find this info. Thanks, Nils (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: 1.0 and 1.5 Differences

(...) This topic has been covered many times before, do a search and you'll see the details. In a nutshell, if you use NQC - not much, don't worry about it. If you use the included programming environment, it expanded and improved it somewhat for (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC or P-Brick script?

Yes, then I run ATL.exe and specified patch#4 firmware file from lego sdk site. Sorry for delay in response. "Michael Jorgensen" <jorgensen@iprimus.ca> wrote in message news:Fw3qv9.EHo@lugnet.com... (...) SDK? (...) is (...) also (...) wandering (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

(...) Right, I understood that part, but I geuss that I understood that you meant uploading via some other method besides firmdl3/dll. Sorry, yesterday was not a good day for my brain ... Nils (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  1.0 and 1.5 Differences

Hi List , What are the differences from RIS 1.0 to RIS 1.5 ? Jeronimo (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

(...) I've noted that in bash under cygnwin, you need to type: ./firmdl3 ../boot/legos.srec and ./dll ../demo/helloworld.lx Bye, Paolo. --- Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do. (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

When I said "Command Prompt", I meant the Windows MS DOS (formerly) command prompt. When I said "Cygwin", I meant the bash command prompt gotten by executing the Cygwin B20 program. So, when I say "upload using the Command Prompt", I meant I had to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

Yes, I did but it didn´t work either... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

(...) What do you mean by 'upload using the Cmd Prompt'? Nils (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Temporarily out

I am changing jobs so am a little distracted. I have not given up but it will be a few weeks before I get back to the serial stuff. (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

(...) My fault. (...) Personal choice, here. I keep several versions on my machine, and since I created the tarballs, it says 0.2.4. If that breaks the cygwin installs, well, then, I guess I'll change it :( (...) Paolo? This is your area of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K

First, many thanks to those who have worked so hard to make this happen. And to those who kept trying to answer all of my questions while trying to install the previous versions. As the subject suggests, I've got legOS working under both my Win NT (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor problem, again...

(...) On second thought, this need not be the case. Maybe the initial sensor state starts out at whatever value it normally starts out at after bootup (probably zero), and simply never gets set (or reset) to the state indicated by looking at the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: rotation sensor problem, again...

(...) That you see values -1, 2, and 1 sounds like the current state of the rotation sensor is not considered when when the sensor is reset, like it is reset to a state of 0 when it should be reset to the current state of the sensor, like 0, 1, 2, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC 2.x event processing

(...) <snip> Dave, Been out of town, and will look more at your messages this weekend. Thanks for the feedback. -- Gordon (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  rotation sensor problem, again...

Just when you thought it was all fixed. I use the following code: ds_active(&SENSOR_2); ds_rotation_on(&SENSOR_2); ds_rotation_set(&SENSOR_2, 0); to setup a rotation sensor. Immediately after calling ds_rotation_set(), and /without moving the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 on Win NT 4.0 WS

(...) I wish I could join you... Guinness is a wonderful habit to have. I s'pose it's even better in .ie. And it's probably a little to early to have one here ;) -Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  cat out of bag, sort of :)

I prematurely posted an 0.2.4 version of legOS (mainly just right out of CVS) on sourceforge. I've asked Paolo and others to review it for me before we make an "official" announcement, so there isn't one yet (I'd like to post it to freshmeat and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.4 on Win NT 4.0 WS

Ooops, fixed - sorry - if only all bug-resolutions were as fast .... Now where was that pint .... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS 0.2.4 on Win NT 4.0 WS

Hi All, I've just successfully installed legOS 0.2.4 on Win NT and run the demo programs, all thanks to Lius' instructions. I did have one small difficulty though, with both the gzip file and CVS versions at sourceforge - it's tiny ... It was a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact