 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1193
Re: interrupts for buttons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 20:46:43 GMT

Sorry about the long delay, I've been away.

Demo.c is inaccessable because it was written for 0.1.7 and I've not yet
had the time to update it. Unfortunately, this is going to be a
semi-major task and so will probably be one of the last things to get
re-written.

Additionally, buttons are probably one of the few sections of the HOWTO
that still need to be completely revamped. As opposed to the situation in
0.1.x, where buttons were nearly completely unused by the OS, buttons are
now (in 0.2.x) integrally tied into the operation of the OS. In fact, I'm
not sure that there is a way to untie them. However, I'm going to be
looking into it this week. Please let me know what you figure out,
Torkel, and I'll be happy to share what I figure once I have some time
later this week.

-Luis

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Torkel Niklasson wrote:

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:49:31 GMT
From: Torkel Niklasson <torkel.niklasson@telelogic.com>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: interrupts for buttons

I'm trying to connect the Run button to an "event function" so that I can
shut down my system nice and clean instead of the evil kill that is
happening right now. It seems I can't access demo.c that is in the HOWTO, so
I'm not sure how I'd do this. Help!

Torkel

    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
-Ella