 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1168
Re: legOS 0.2.4 working under WinNT 4(SP5) and Win2K
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:18:36 GMT

When I said "Command Prompt", I meant the Windows MS DOS (formerly) command
prompt.  When I said "Cygwin", I meant the bash command prompt gotten by
executing the Cygwin B20 program.

So, when I say "upload using the Command Prompt", I meant I had to open a MS
DOS emulation command prompt, go to the proper directory, and type in whatever
command needed to be executed at the time.  In this
case "firmdl3 ../boot/legos.srec" and "dll ../demo/helloworld.lx".  Typing
either from the bash command prompt yeilded a "command not found" error
whether or not I used the .exe extensions.

-- Gary

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Nils Oberg writes:
5) In Step 7, I was unable to find the command firmdl3, firmdl3.exe, dll, or
dll.exe when using Cygwin.  I had to upload the firmware and the .lx file
using the Command Prompt in order for the system to find the commands.
Suggest mentioning this.

What do you mean by 'upload using the Cmd Prompt'?

Nils