 Robotics / RCX / 642
641  |  643
Subject:
Interactive Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:33:16 GMT

I have been playing around with building more rounded robots using building
techniques usually seen in lugnet.build.arch.* I have constructed two rather
nice looking examples that have some rudementary interaction. If either robot
detects the other in a room, they begin a little dance. I am working on
getting the robots to "see" each other and move closer before they dance, but
that is proving rather difficult. I am currently trying to make one robot
the "beacon" and the other searches for the beacon until close enough to
dance. Sounds easy in principle, but it is proving rather difficult with pure
lego. You can check up on my progress at: http://www.marsrobot.com/robot.htm

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com