 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 665
Re: Call for Mac programmers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes:
MacNQC needs some work - there are numerous enhancements that could be
made if I only had a little time to spend on it.  However, NQC has grown
to take up more and more of my programming time, so MacNQC has largely
been neglected.  Are there any Mac programmers out there who would like
to (either individually or collectively) take over MacNQC development?

  I would LOVE to.  Much to my chagrin, I don't have the time.  My research
project has filled all time left (Behavior Based Robotics, believe it or not!).

For the most part its GUI programming using Metrowerks' PowerPlant
framework.  The NQC compiler itself is built as a library from the
normal NQC sources.

  Oh man, the fun stuff.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this...and the more time you're
willing to put into actual development the bigger vote you get.  I'll
work on getting the source posted over the next few days.

  Figures, now when I can actually add some value to MacNQC, I am far too
busy to do so.  Bummer.  Can I cheerlead then?  "Go team!"  Hmm, kinda
lame...

DLC