 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 660
Re: global output control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 23:57:46 GMT

Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
I agree Invert isn't much better since a second call doesn't undo the
effects of the first call.

I thought about this for a while, when I was thinking about "obvert". In one
sense, "invert" does imply that inversing again will revert (*grin*), but I
don't believe that this meaning is implicit. There is another sense which
simply means "to make face backwards (or upside down or inside out)", which
is the sense you'd be using.

Whenever I run into this big of a naming problem I tend to question
whether the thing being named is at fault.  Those global bytecodes are
very poorly thought out...not only do they work in a non-obvious way,
but they also aren't very useful.

Yup. The one use I can possibly see is flipping the outputs to compensate
for a hardware design flaw. But that's pretty silly.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/