 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 644
Re: global output control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:05:56 GMT

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
news:slrn8kpub3.v5a.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu...
Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:
EnableOutput(const int outs);  // global on
DisableOutput(const int outs); // global off
InvertOutput(const int outs); // global reverse
RevertOutput(const int outs); // global fwd

Any comments?  The only name I'm really unhappy with is • "RevertOutput".

ObvertOutput?

I think RevertOutput is fine.  I actually wonder how often that call
will end being used in user's programs?

The InvertOutput command seems very useful to me.  If you swap the power
connectors on your robot then you can just add a few InvertOutput
commands to the program to get it working again.  I have always written
macros like:
GOFWD
ROTLEFT
ROTRIGHT

and then have gone and swapped what they have done.  Now I can just swap
one thing, which is even easier.

alex