 Robotics / 11777
Re: VB Upload Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 17:29:35 GMT

ok, so i'm getting a little closer to answering my own question, but i'm still
stuck.

if i write a new robolab program to take 10 points of light data and then
upload it with VB, those 10 points get put into slots 10-20 in the datalog,
and points 1-10 in the datalog remain intact for some reason.  Also, these
light sensor values are labeled "variable 23" -- but i wouldn't put it past
chris to have called the light sensor 'variable 23' in robolab for who knows
what reason.  i'll have to ask him.

anyway, when i then go and download a data-taking program for light and temp
data (the one posted the previous message) and then upload THAT with VB or
NQC, that data is tacked on to the VERY END of the datalog, and looks pretty
normal (with the addition of a .ClearTimer 0, which I had forgotten).

in summary, problems are:

-points 1-10 in datalog aren't getting erased, ever.
-data gathered with a vb program get tacked on to end of datalog

-Ben