 Robotics / 11773
Re: VB Upload Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:04:11 GMT

Well, you must set the datalog's size again in order to clear out the old values.
What you are getting in VB is the type(sensor, timer,ect) of the value, the number
the value, and then the value itself that was logged. The type is so if you log
,say, times and light levels at the same time, you which one came from which input.

NQC strips away parts of that, and just shows you the value(I think).

Andy

Ben Erwin wrote:

Ok i'm lame.  i had the vb uploading code in a random code module instead of a
module specifically for the click of the upload button.  anyway, now the data
comes up in the vb list box, but it is all screwy.

for example, for some data that i just took with the light sensor and
temperature sensor, here is what it looks like in VB:

type: 0 no. 0 value: 9
type: 0 no. 0 value: 0

(totally wrong values compared to what i saw with view button)

and under nqc, the datalog looks like this:

variable 23: 9
variable 23: 0

(and then actual data shows up here, many values later)

And then, under ROBOLAB, the data that is uploaded is the data that I took an
hour ago under a different program!!!

It is as if my datalog never gets erased, but just added to, and now it is a
huge mess.  I guess I should just stick to one programming environment at a
time.

ideas?

-Ben

In lugnet.robotics, Ben Erwin writes:
I'm having trouble uploading data from within VBA (Microsoft Word).  I wrote
the Example program from page 93 of the SDK, and added an .InitComm before the
UploadDatalog command.  When I run the script, the green light comes on in the
tower as if data is being uploaded, and the little dots come up on the RCX
display, but the data never gets sent to the list box on the form.  Also, when
I run the form and click the Upload button that I created, nothing happens,
not even the green light.  Weird.

-Ben Erwin