 Robotics / 11778
Re: Building a Postscript printer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:46:21 GMT

Yup, that was pretty much what I was planning to do. Hack Ghostscript
into something to generate a sequence of vector commands to drive
the RCX.

I was searching for information on a Postscript->HPGL/PCL converter myself
since that is basically what I am doing here. Only problem is that the RCX
is going to be a relatively primitive renderer in terms of resolution etc,
compared
to the average HPGL-speaking plotter.

Also, it looks like stepper motors are going to be required (I think). I
will search the newsgroup for more info, but is it a problem to control
stepper motors with
the RCX?

If possible, could I get hold of the source code for the converter you wrote?
Also, is there  a good reference for HPGL apart from the HP-provided printer
manual which I may not be able to lay hands on?

Thanks,
Manoj

In lugnet.robotics, "Chris Osborn" <fozztexx@fozztexx.com> writes:
On Jun. 23 00, 11:35 PDT, "Manoj Plakal" <plakal@no-spam.cs.wisc.edu>