 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1187
Re: Making LegOS under Win98
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:16:38 GMT

I did not have the lnp.c file, so I copied it to the util/dll-src directory. It did not
change anything. Then I downloaded and installed the CVS version. It still gave the same
errors.

This is exactly what errors were specified:
/legOS/util/merge-map: not found
No rule to make target 'helloworld.lx', needed by all. Stop.

I know that merge-map is a Perl script, so installed ActivePerl. This did not change
anything either.

Andy

Luis Villa wrote:

Hmm. OK, well, if you look in ../Makefile.user (which is included from
demo/Makefile) on the very last line you'll see this:

%.lx: %.ds1 %.ds2
        $(MAKELX) $*.ds1 $*.ds2 $*.lx

That is a rule to make all .lx files. So, the rule is there and should be
included as part of demo/makefile. Why it isn't reading it I can't be exactly
sure, but the rule is clearly there, and has been for at least the last
two months (which is as far back as our CVS tree goes.)

Two things to try: in util/dll-src/, is there a file named lnp.c? If not,
copy lnp.c from legOS/kernel/lnp.c to util/dll-src/lnp.c. They do a "make
realclean" and then a "make depend" and a "make."

If lnp.c was already there, try this: download the CVS version of legOS
from here:

http://www.duke.edu/~liv/legOS.tgz

And install it the same way that you did for legOS-0.2.4.tar.gz as
indicated in the cygwin install instructions. See if that changes
anything.

Let me know-
Luis