 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 113
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:31:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:

r2 wrote in message ...

r2 wrote in message ...
Ok, he emailed me. I will try to get together with him ASAP so there is • time
to process what I find.

I am still waiting for him to call me. I am becoming more skeptical, but
maybe he will prove me right.

Well forget it. He emailed me and told me the amount of money he was
wanting, it is way high. I don't think it is worth my time to go look at the
Lego and you guys would never raise enough money for this lot, given the
documentation he has provided.

I will not make the reserve price public, but believe me I was shocked.

Somewhere in the "high 5 figures" is what he put in the auction notes.  I'd
guess, since he called the 'minimum value' 50 grand if he broke it up, that
he's looking for 80 or 90 grand.

Based on what his claims are about his collection, it might be a reasonable
expectation - but I'm stressing the *might*.

But anyone who expects anyone to drop 5 figures on ANYTHING based on some
pictures & a 7 day deadline...well, they're either looking for a sucker, or
seriously need to re-evaluate their expectations.

James