 General / 27541
27540  |  27542
Subject:
Value of a collection (was: Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:42:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
.... I haven't decided yet what the best way
to document a collection for insurance purposes is, but that might be
another reason to reconstruct sets.

There's been a couple of people mentioning this, but no one has specifically
asked the question yet: what are some good ways of determining the value of
your LEGO collection, for insurance purposes or otherwise.

It seems to me that even a list of all the sets that comprise your
collection wouldn't be an accurate way.  Some sets are worth much more than
they used to be, and others much less.

Who has done this?  Any ideas?

--
  David Schilling