 Local / Canada / 914
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Heather Patey writes:
In lugnet.general, Aaron Gershon writes:
Seller states that there really is over 2000 lb of Lego.

He will rent a
U-Haul and deliver in USA or Canada.

This just occurred me.  I'm trying to imagine him at the Canadian border
crossing. • <snip>
Boggles the mind.  The amount of GST/PST paid by the buyer would be truly
awful.  Not that that's the only reason I'm not bidding :-)  Hopefully the
winner will tell us the story once the deal is done.

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that!  I hadn't seriously contemplated bidding on
it; although I could have(at the risk of serious relationship strain - not
worth it!) done it financially, although not up to where he's implying his
reserve is; but Holy Cow where would I put it????

I mean, where the heck do you *put* a literal ton of Lego?  You can't
exactly stuff it under the stairs!  I'm straining to deal with what I've got
now - I can't even contemplate trying to store a ton of Lego and babyproof
my house at the same time - it hurts my brain!

That, and the 3 grand of GST...

James