 Marketplace / Theory / 1925
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 23:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Now *unsorted* I'd agree with your assessment of the likely value
  someone will place on the collection.  I was talking above about the
  potential value of the pieces, if sorted and sold by someone with
  the knowledge to do so strategically.

  best,

  LFB

The auction listing mentions that he may be willing to take the hi-bid if the
reserve is not met.

<trying to remember the rules of ebay proxy biddy>

Does the proxy bidding of your high-bid only apply *after* you pass the reserve
? In other words, if you bid something below the reserve (but way above the
other guys current bid), I think it goes all the way to your max if you don't
hit the reserve. Normally it takes two bidders to get to a really high bid,
below the reserve I think one can do it.

Ray