 General / 27550
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
The insurance issue is one many reasons I really am really itching to
get into my own house (of course I'll really need to cut back on the
LEGO spending then...). Since I don't smoke and don't have roaring
parties, I suspect I could dramatically reduce my risk of fire. I'm not
sure how much of a theft risk there is. It's probably not very high. One
could also deter some of it, or at least increase the chances of
recovery, by marking one's most valuable pieces. Assuming one chooses to
live out of flood plains etc. one should have minimal risk from natural
disasters (a hurricane is unlikely to destroy one's collection). Fire
and theft are also the only real hazards which would not leave one with
the damaged LEGO to back the claim up.

Frank

Interesting that you mention fire. I was talking with a fire-fighter friend of
mine one night. I said something about all my Legos and that they were made from
ABS. He kinda cringed and said that ABS had some nasty toxic properties when
burned. Lets hope we never have to find that one out.

OTOH, I suppose I am one of the 'hurricane & tornado' targets. I am high enough
that I'm out of the 100-year flood plain, but I'm only 20 miles from the Gulf of
Mexico. One of those tropical storms passed right over my house last fall. Good
thing it was much degraded at that point. A direct hit from a hurricane would
scatter lego pieces over a good part of the county.

Ray