 General / 27567
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:19:32 GMT

I've been following the discussion here a bit, and I just wanted
to put in my $0.02... I have to agree with some of what others
have already been said. This whole auction seems very
ill-planned. Over the course of the week, while the auction
is RUNNING, he's slowly and gradually updating the webpage
with set lists and details... No one is going to bid 95k, more
than 1 to 3 year's pay depending on what you do, when there's
just some blurry pictures, incomplete lists, and his word that
it's worth that much. Even a consortium would have a difficult
time pulling that together in the time allotted. It's just absurd.
And if he's really out of work and needs the money, shouldn't
that imply that he has the time to sort it out and sell it off set
by set? It just seems unrealistic and ill-planned to me.. If he
really wanted to sell the whole lot and get what it's worth, I
think it would make more sense to do nagotiating here on
lugnet and give people time to work together to by fractions
of the lot, rather than a week on ebay..

With 3 days left on the auction, and a bid of 5.7k, I doubt
the bids will even reach a quarter of his reserve.

--
-Bones-
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises