 General / 27577
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:44:10 GMT

William Brumbach wrote:

<snipped bones good summary>

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

Sorting out by set REALLY isn't worth it. Trust me. Now it is true that
one could sort into related parts and sell those off, and in fact, if
the collection is at all sorted, this can be very easy.

With a lot the size of this one, you can probably do everything.  If it were
all mine I would sell off the sealed sets first and make some room that way.
Then try to complete as many of the sets as possible, especially older ones,
and put them up in the same manner as Spielbude (and others, his auctions
were the first to come to mind), and move some of the instructions as well
(with the corresponding sets).  Once that stuff is gone, then shift into the
"ibuyifdpriceisright" model of parts lots.  Guy has this down pat, great
presentation, clearly the best method to maximize profits on used pieces
IMO.  Of course, this is just what I would do.

Me feeling is that there are only a handfull of sets (if even that) that
sell for more (or even close to) what their parts sell for. Of course
some of the early sets with no specialty pieces will sell for much more
than their parts would, but I wonder if you can get most of that by
selling the instructions.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com